Writing an english essay on a visual text (1 Viewer)

t00l

HSC
Hey. Ive got an assessment coming up which is an essay. The task requires to watch a short video in class and then writing an essay responding to a question using both the visual text and 1 additional text related to the AOS.
My question is, what would the points be that i can write about? How can i prepare if i hav no knowledge of the text/ be sure that the points i think of will be suitable for both texts.

mioumiou

HSC
Well, for example, how effect does the background music/ sound effect has created to make this scene more special? or how does the dialogue links with the concepts of the Journeys etc. There's lots and lots of film techniques that you will need to learn but also how do they link with the questions (the essay questions) and the concepts of Journey.

Remember to identify, (use) examples and explain (and stink with the topic that they've asked you to write).

Hope this will help you a bit. :)

Blushii

HSC
Umm, well know you visual techniques and more importantly cinematic techniques well, for e.g. lighting, musical, focus, angles, and such and make sure you explain their effect in creating meaning, cause it is NO use just listing them.

Humm..you should also list the main concepts of your AOS and know a bit about each one, so for e.g. if AOS is Journeys, the common ideas are stuff like journeys allow an avenue to growth, a traveller's attitude determines the outcome, etc.

And yeah..

Villa94

HSC
Yeah I hate these sort of things because its hard to study for them but what I study is:

Visual Techniques- shots, angles, techniques
Colour Symbolism
And stuff about you AOS like features and things soo you can find them in the video.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)