writing a good executive summary? (1 Viewer)

nitro.vo

HSC
I suck at these. I dont know exactly what im writing and its usually just restating whats said in the source thingo.

Anyway, any tips for writing a decent executive summary?

If i can at least nail this and then go for the body or a good conlcusiion next, i'll have some hope again.

Cheers

biggie walls

HSC
I disagree, it should not be the last thing you write in your business plan - just the conclusion part of the summary.. writing the summary at the beggining will give you a concise plan of your report...

My general model for business reports -

Executive Summary:
The focus of this report is to examine..

..through the evaluation of

- Heading 1
- Heading 2
- Heading 3

From this the report recommends that...

wallid

HSC
i think you confused him, you always put it at the START of your report, however some people choose to leave a blank and come back to write this at the end

i never waited till the end to write it and i got a band 6... if you plan your report all the headings your going to write and the things under each heading i think you can write it at the start

and yes biggies structure is corrrrreccct!!!!!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
you don't have to write your executive summary last, but it ensures that what you write in the summary is eventually elaborated on in the main body...in doing it first, you may accidentally miss a point, which doesn't create a good impression.

that said, i always used to do my executive summaries first, and then use it as "checklist" to ensure that i'd covered every necessary point.

its really just a matter of preference.

cost@lot

HSC
I agree the executive summary should be the first thing written as it can be used as a base to refer back to in getting points for the body of the essay:) :)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
yep. i do exec summary first..

for exec summary, i write a little outline of the business and what i'm going to talk about in the report.

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
shinji said:
yep. i do exec summary first..

for exec summary, i write a little outline of the business and what i'm going to talk about in the report.
Yeah me too. I have great fun with my executive summary... it's like a mini creative writing task. :D

But... I've never really thought about writing my executive summary last. I might try that...

Scorch

HSC
Apparently the head marker for Business Studies said that it should be the first thing in your report, but write it last. It's a summary. You can't summarise content that isn't already written.

till02

HSC
In the last section of the business studies exam, if you have more than one case study, how do u incorporate them into the executive summary? Do u just write about the one that you will be mainly using or both?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)