• yes- an extra unit of prac

Votes: 15 42.9%

• Total voters

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
...if it were still around?
just wondering...

i think i might've... probably an extra unit of theory...

roo

HSC
wasnt the old system compulsory 2U theory and then 1U optional for prac?
bleh i dunno, but i would've done extra prac.. :D

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
err i think you could take a unit of either...
but i'm not too sure

hey get this: back in the 1960's-70's the art exam consisted of a few hours, a canvas/some paper, some pens/pencils/paints, and a subject. odd, innit?

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeh i would've DEFINITELY done an extra unit of art!! it would mean i would have had to do maths, how SWEET would that have been! stupid gay bos getting rid of 3u art =(

n i woulda done theory. it would've been too stressful having two art major works.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
there was 3u art??? when? where? how ? why? AAAAAAAAARGH dunno if i'd have taken it though. i seriously don't understand half of what goes on in the classroom. i just use my english skills to analyse art works and for my prac i just draw and take photos and it's worked so far.

biggie walls

HSC
i dont see the point of doing 3 units of art.. it would hardly make a good contribution to your UAI, and as the extra unit would just be MORE of the same.. not anything different i dont know why anyone would do it? To put more artworks out? To learn about more peroids of art?... If I was going to study art after school id just do 2 units of art and a broad range of other subjects which interest me and can give me a good enough UAI to get into whatever course I wanted.. If you were really keen on doing art in the future you would of already built up quite a resolved portfolio of works by this time....

So in the end NO

joe1016

HSC
I think the third unit was full on theory.i guess it would be like ext history where you choose to study really in depth about sometin. in stead of many case studies for knowlegde of a range of topics.

i reckon it wouldnt be bad for ur UAI if it was competetive like that. i dunno. i prob wouldnt do it. i do enough work with 11 units anyhoo......NO MORE EXTENSION CLASSESS

HSC
N/A
Actually, I think you could elect for the third unit to be either Critical and Historical Study, or Artmaking.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
joe1016 said:
I think the third unit was full on theory.i guess it would be like ext history where you choose to study really in depth about sometin. in stead of many case studies for knowlegde of a range of topics.

i reckon it wouldnt be bad for ur UAI if it was competetive like that. i dunno. i prob wouldnt do it. i do enough work with 11 units anyhoo......NO MORE EXTENSION CLASSESS
I have 4, 1 unit courses
3 of those are extension .
bring it on biatch ;) :D hi joe :p

I would have done 3 unit art over history extension ..hmm yes...prac/theory, no care!

joe1016

HSC
luscious-llama said:
I have 4, 1 unit courses
3 of those are extension .
bring it on biatch ;) :D hi joe :p

I would have done 3 unit art over history extension ..hmm yes...prac/theory, no care!

hey! its kindof wierding me out that you know my name...

i do three extension classess as well. because im an idiot.

anyhoo i went to see artexpress today at newcastle. verygood although i had seen half of ot at AGNSW. the girl from my highschool is there. there were somepreetty good works, and others that were just good, not blowing me away.

I think when i was in yr 10 i would have chosen ext art over ext english for my prelim but im heaps glad i chose ext english now cos its really interesting. if only i could drop advanced!

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
joe1016 said:
hey! its kindof wierding me out that you know my name...

i do three extension classess as well. because im an idiot.

anyhoo i went to see artexpress today at newcastle. verygood although i had seen half of ot at AGNSW. the girl from my highschool is there. there were somepreetty good works, and others that were just good, not blowing me away.

I think when i was in yr 10 i would have chosen ext art over ext english for my prelim but im heaps glad i chose ext english now cos its really interesting. if only i could drop advanced!
Well its in ur name :p ..."joe1016"
Heh. I hate advanced!

mossup

can you do the mossup?
cloud eight & nine tenths. Yes its frustrating
HSC
mmmmmm.i loved doing prac...i miss getting covered in paint or charcoal or glue...love it. The theory was interesting and i enjoyed learning about it all...but i didn't like having to do ssignments and stuff. I lked prac assignemtns and writing evaluations...thats about it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)