would you get involved with someone, knowing they had a mental condition (1 Viewer)

ay0_x

HSC
If she uses her mental disorder as a pity card or to get out of trouble don't go there.

If she's unwilling to be medicated despite the mental disorder affecting her really badly and hurting you, don't go there.

Know that mental disorders are genetic and can be passed on to your kids if it gets to that stage between you guys.

HalcyonSky

HSC
is she on mood stabilizers? or does she just deal with the mood shifts

before my ex step mum was on meds her mood swings would be nuts, she'd be in like an anxious rage for a week then crash and do nothing but lie in bed for the next week, if you didnt know she had bipolar youd have thought she was on meth

being the young stallion that you are her depressive episodes will probably affect you more; loss of interest in you, loss of interest in sex, depressing facebook updates "adrian dusnt luv me feel lik im losin u slit myself open the blood makes the pain real" when everything with you is actually completely fine

so yeah have fun with your cuter version of tamara

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
as far as i'm aware it's only come to light for her recently, she was always a pretty 'zany' type person, and then took way too many drugs over summer holidays last year, went travelling, wore her self out and had a manic episode (her first, and when she was diagnosed),

she was my best mates housemate, and he was saying she just rarely slept, was always super upbeat, million ideas at once etc etc, there was very little to no depression, but she was clearly manic

in between all that happening and me kissing her, she moved back home with her parents, saw a therapist, got medical assistance and is on medication as far as i know?

i mean either way, i'm getting involved, and stoked to be doing so, every single girl i get involved with seems to be batshit insane in one way or another anyways, they just don't have a clinical term you can throw on them. i was just interested to hear others takes/experiences

also, who the fuck is tamara?

Last edited:

Daipire

HSC
I know of a person who works at a centre for the mentally disabled, and one day he found two of them licking each others nipples (I think it was a boy and an girl, can't remember age)

And what mental condition? cause I got ADD :D

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not allowed to personally which is very difficult, i just broke up with my girlfriend because my aunty found out i met her in hospital it was such a hard decision to make because i still love her...

HSC
I'm not allowed to personally which is very difficult, i just broke up with my girlfriend because my aunty found out i met her in hospital it was such a hard decision to make because i still love her...
not allowed to, who are you?

MissMadiD

HSC
Thats the pits. Fuck stigma -_-

ay0_x

HSC
do not know why people can't just lie and say yes i broke up with such and such.

jesus.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
do not know why people can't just tell their parents to eat a dick and fuck off

ay0_x

HSC
wasn't even her parents LOL it was her skank faced aunt.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
yeah you do some dum shit too

seriously though post a pic

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
Speaking as a legit, certified crazy, I would be careful about getting romantically involved with one of us.

I think it's essential to take into consideration the stage they are at in their illness/recovery. If it is something that has been recently diagnosed it is very likely that the person will have a rather difficult road ahead of them. It can often take years to achieve a place of stability through finding the correct medication and dose and therapy that actually works for them.

If they are in a stage of intense recovery such as hospitalisation/rehabilitation, I would again be careful because generally people will relapse badly soon after leaving a treatment program and need a number of stays before they can actually enter into recovery. It's very easy to become falsely and naively hopeful and sure that everything is fixed when it is not, which makes the sting even worse if things start to go downhill again.

Also, it's often recommended that people in the early stages of treatment and recovery avoid entering into new relationships because it can be an extra source of stress, pressure and emotional turmoil at a time when they need to be focusing of themselves.

If someone has a long-term mental illness that is being managed and they are improving and stable enough to maintain a regular and active life, I do not see why a label should have any bearing on whether you pursue a relationship with them or not. Generally, at this stage the person has gone through a lot of therapy and treatment and will be quite able to notice warning signs if anything is starting to slip and will be quite in touch with the triggers and causes of their disorder. In fact I often think people like this are more normal, mature and emotionally aware than the majority of "sane people".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)