Would this be considered an 'approved misadventure'? (1 Viewer)

ClassOf2013

HSC
My teacher e-mailed me a business studies assesment task (an assignment). It is due on Wednesday. For some reason, the school's e-mail network is down (it's not just my home computers, it's down for everyone) and I can't access it to get the assignment notificaton, therefore I cannot do the assignment. I was unaware of this until yesterday (I have heaps of other assignments to do so I couldn't get around to doing it sooner). So yeah, could I get an 'approved misadventure' because of this?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Unless the email system has been down since then, no.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I leave my assignments to the last day as well. Can't you ask someone for it?

deviouswatch

HSC
At my school, it is clearly stated that any kind of technology failure is not an appropriate excuse for lack of completion, this has been the policy since Y7. For lack of comparison, I am not sure if this policy carries across any other schools, but then again ALL tasks we receive are hard copies with access to soft copies.

funstudy

HSC
Well if it was emailed to you a while ago and the only reason you couldn't do it was because you left your assignment to the last minute hence couldn't access the notification due to sudden network failure, no. Misadventure has strict rules and regulations, and failure of technology does not prevent you from applying

HSC
At my school, it is clearly stated that any kind of technology failure is not an appropriate excuse for lack of completion, this has been the policy since Y7. For lack of comparison, I am not sure if this policy carries across any other schools, but then again ALL tasks we receive are hard copies with access to soft copies.
+1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)