Would my HSC English Standard 2 Be considered a non-serious attempt? (1 Viewer)

santavself

HSC
Did mod A, very poorly, however I did finish it and I included some quotes and evidence and techniques. Did nothing for mod B, and mod C I made up some garbage narrative and did only one line for the reflection. Would I be okay or am I fucked?

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
I meant exam 2 my bad
Still get what you mean, but Just saying that there might be English Standard 2 for the future, in which is the same as Standard right now but less pressured and the course is slower and they make English Studies a NON ATAR course.

santavself

HSC
Ouch, better get started in History and in your off time do some Maths and grind after History.
I dont care about getting a good atar, I just want my HSC awarded to me so I can get early entry. That's why I'm scared of getting an NSA on my HSC because they can just up and take it away from you

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
I dont care about getting a good atar, I just want my HSC awarded to me so I can get early entry. That's why I'm scared of getting an NSA on my HSC because they can just up and take it away from you
I’m clueless when it comes to information relating to ATARs such as Early Entry, EAS etc. But I’m pretty sure for Early Entry they look at your Year 11 and 12 results and universities give you offers on course that match their criteria. @jimmysmith560 could help you. Also when it comes to Career Advisor meetings, they always tell me to do my research so understand the ways of getting into uni and know to get into my dream course

santavself

HSC
I’m clueless when it comes to information relating to ATARs such as Early Entry, EAS etc. But I’m pretty sure for Early Entry they look at your Year 11 and 12 results and universities give you offers on course that match their criteria. @jimmysmith560 could help you. Also when it comes to Career Advisor meetings, they always tell me to do my research so understand the ways of getting into uni and know to get into my dream course
Alright cheers. In regards to early entry I've gotten an offer for law which I'm taking which is why I've given up on my atar. But there's a clause where they can consider things a "non-serious attempt" and I want to know what constitutes one, as it says if you've just filled out multiple choice (which there was none on the exam), if you haven't attempted the exam or attempted it in poor language, or a different language to English. I've not done anything I shouldn't have, but I did the bare minimum within the exam and I want to know if I'll actually be awarded my hsc or not because they can call it a non-serious attempt and just take my hsc away from me if so.

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
Alright cheers. In regards to early entry I've gotten an offer for law which I'm taking which is why I've given up on my atar. But there's a clause where they can consider things a "non-serious attempt" and I want to know what constitutes one, as it says if you've just filled out multiple choice (which there was none on the exam), if you haven't attempted the exam or attempted it in poor language, or a different language to English. I've not done anything I shouldn't have, but I did the bare minimum within the exam and I want to know if I'll actually be awarded my hsc or not because they can call it a non-serious attempt and just take my hsc away from me if so.
@jimmysmith560

stressedadfff

HSC
Did mod A, very poorly, however I did finish it and I included some quotes and evidence and techniques. Did nothing for mod B, and mod C I made up some garbage narrative and did only one line for the reflection. Would I be okay or am I fucked?
dont worry! its over now im pretty sure the markers understand the stress from this year i doubt they'd give a nonattempt at least your tried!!!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
In addition to the fact that none of the conditions that classify your attempt as a non-serious one seems to apply to you, keep in mind that Paper 1 and Paper 2 are treated as one exam, meaning that in order for a non-serious attempt suggestion to be considered, this must be demonstrated not only in Paper 2, but also in Paper 1. Performing poorly in Module A and Module C is not sufficient to be considered a non-serious attempt as any student may perform poorly, irrespective of how much they may have prepared prior to the exam. Even the lack of response for Module B can be interpreted as a lack of good time management from the student, which would normally result in no marks awarded for that section, as opposed to a non-serious attempt being considered.

I hope this helps! :D

icycledough

HSC
Pretty much, it's very hard to say so for 2 possible reasons:

1) Your reflection on your performance may be very different to how a marker judges your work (as an hypothetical example, you may have thought you wrote a 12/20 response but they may think it's a 18/20 response; different people judge the same writing differently)

2) I guess your own standards may vary very differently from other people; so your definition of performing 'very poorly' will not be the same as someone else who may have also performed 'very poorly'

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
Chin up, you still got more subjects to focus, you still can achieve higher in other subjects, because there isn’t any school on the top of my head, who had majority of the students get first in English, according to HSC Ninja for my school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)