Would i i make it into Early Entry Wollongong? (1 Viewer)

ckcalvin

HSC
Hey guys,

I am thinking of trying to get Early entry into UOW does anyone have experience in this or have entered through this way? How hard is it to get in?

So i want to get into B science - human geography or B Commerce

my rank for Geo throughout year 11 and 12 is 1st and business and economics in top 10. My 2 u Maths rank is not so well probably in the 20s (hope they don't look at that)

What other things do they assess you on? Trials exam result?

thank you so much ( im stressed to the max atm)

spazamataz

HSC
I can tell you about commerce, not science.

Last year the commerce early entry criteria was strict, in that you had to get something like 75% in mathematics and advanced english, anything less and you were rejected. But I just read the application guide and it looks like its changed a bit, so they may be more willing to take people based on other criteria.

I'd suggest going for a double degree of commerce and science, and if you really want to get into commerce, you could most likely get in through a double degree with the arts faculty.

dantheman351

HSC
i did science but more the chem and bio side and they let people in with similar ranks
also they wanted to know more about me as a person eg: extra curricular stuff, I brought a book with me to read on the train and they even started asking about that. Also dont worry to much about the maths mark or rank as long as your absolute bottom they arent to worried especially in a discipline without an excessive mathematics component.

stephalump

HSC
HI,

About human geography- without knowing your marks or how many in the class and what school it is hard to say. BUt do you have a passion for the subject? What other subjects do you take apart from commerce, geography and maths?

If you are local remember that is in your favour too. You can also get conditional early entry if they see that you need to focus on a given area, so for commerce it might be you need a certain mark in that and maths, or for geography a certain mark in that and (another science?).

Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)