Would a UTS business degree really disadvantage me? (1 Viewer)

mareeahh2166

HSC
Hey guys,

Graduates of USyd, UNSW & UTS (especially),I really need your help here. I originally was very impressed with UTS's business degree but after reading alot of the threads regarding Commerce here on this website, it seems that doing bachelor of business would reduce my employability rate amongst graduates from UNSW/Sydney. :( :( :(

I really want to go to UTS but after reading this thread here & other numerous ones, i feel so disheartened. Does having a bachelor of business from UTS make you second rated amongst graduates of Sydney & UNSW. Would i really be denied IB interviews & front office jobs??

http://community.boredofstudies.org...50/best-university-finance/2.html#post3902828

Would it really make a difference if i went to USYD/UNSW rather than UTS? Would i really be better off going to those unis? Sorry guys for sounding so paranoid, i'm just really confused at the moment.

Answers would be greatly appreciated!! :) :)

MasterPUA

HSC
mareeahh2166 said:
Hey guys,

Graduates of USyd, UNSW & UTS (especially),I really need your help here. I originally was very impressed with UTS's business degree but after reading alot of the threads regarding Commerce here on this website, it seems that doing bachelor of business would reduce my employability rate amongst graduates from UNSW/Sydney. :( :( :(

I really want to go to UTS but after reading this thread here & other numerous ones, i feel so disheartened. Does having a bachelor of business from UTS make you second rated amongst graduates of Sydney & UNSW. Would i really be denied IB interviews & front office jobs??

http://community.boredofstudies.org/462/commerce-business/190750/best-university-finance/2.html#post3902828

Would it really make a difference if i went to USYD/UNSW rather than UTS? Would i really be better off going to those unis? Sorry guys for sounding so paranoid, i'm just really confused at the moment.

Answers would be greatly appreciated!! :) :)
Your paranoia is well founded.

Rorix said:
Com/Law UTS students generally aren't getting IB interviews. Either this is because they aren't applying, or they just aren't getting through.
Plenty of Bcom+honours students are getting interviews from UNSW/USYD.
Not sure about BCom plain.

Personally, I'm doing Com/Law, but if I could go back in time I'd just choose a straight BCom and do Honours.
This post is money. Straight ca$h.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
There was always talk of UTS being disadvantaged during boomtimes..

The current climate will only make things even more competitive.

spence

HSC
The uni you graduate from won't get you a job, its about how well you do and what kind of person you are. If you can't get a job after graduating from UTS you won't be able to get a job after graduating from UNSW/USyd

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
spence said:
The uni you graduate from won't get you a job, its about how well you do and what kind of person you are. If you can't get a job after graduating from UTS you won't be able to get a job after graduating from UNSW/USyd
I think the focus is on what job rather than a job at all...

HSC
You'll have no problems getting interviews with IBs if you're from UTS (or USYD or UNSW or Mac) with semi decent marks.
My colleague in HR who works in the Grad Recruiting mentioned that having an extra cirricular and a decent tenure in another position is more important when they are looking at the applications and it also depends on the type of role you are going for as often HR will consult with the various businesses(IB,Markets,Risk,Ops,Tech)
Majority of the morons :hammer:on this website think otherwise but don't let it faze you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)