wot do u fink? (1 Viewer)

sunny

meh.
HSC
Depends what you're doing! For a student just typing up an essay every now and then...its more than enough!

sunny

meh.
HSC
Both of them are faster than enough if all you're going to do is office work.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Memory in general, the more the better.

Really! Its hard to tell you anything without knowing what you plan to do with your computer! Is this a laptop or a PC?

If all you are really really going to do is office work, like word processing (no high end gaming), then any recent computer of decent price will be more than sufficient.

strawberry

laptop, Ispiron 8600 at $2,500...

i just wanna do essay stuff..mainly skool and net realli

asdf

HSC
I would recomend a second hand pentium 3 of ebay or something.

sunny

meh.
HSC
If you like the idea of a new computer, then go for it. Theres nothing wrong with Dells, they're a fine machine. With laptops, remember to check for other things like weight, included software, and warranties.

But for what it'll be used for it won't even break a sweat - hence asdf's suggestion of a lower end (and cheaper) computer

del

HSC
N/A
the CPU's a Pentium M right? They're pretty good... I've got a 1.3 one and haven't had a problem with it (running multiple aps that consume mem etc)... though i've got 512 ram in mine.

Ribbon

For just surfing the net and using word, even something a year or two old will do (eg I am on an old celeron 700 with 1024mb of ram (totally unnessary, but when the other comp got upgraded to ddr only mobo this comp inherited all the ram). If you want to run windows xp, I would suggest something with higher specs (either combination of the ones you listed would be fine) otherwise, you'll need to get someone who knows thier stuff to turn off the eye candy, and other xp extras that slow down older lappys/ pcs.

JRasnier

ive got the inspiron 8600, and if ur using it for only documents, thats already overkill....i use the inspiron 8600 for everything that my other computer does, this includes very intensive stuff, like movies, games, graphics if u dont use ur laptop for these things ever, im gonna feel sorry for ur geforce fx 5600........

i recommend if you dont use your laptop for these things, that u go for a much lighter one, as this laptop is pretty heavy and bulky, but is very good for performance........it is so big, that u need an XL computer bag to carry it around safely... i would recommend a small macintosh laptop, as its very stylish and can do basically everything a normal laptop can do, or another laptop of the dell series, not the inspiron ones though....just cause of the way your gonna use it, is just a waste of money as you wont be using the laptop to its full potential, save the money and buy ur self the textbooks u need instead.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)