Worst Subject I've Got. (1 Viewer)

Genrol

HSC
SDD is by far the worst subject I have picked for the HSC, and all my class mates agree. It's not Software Design and Development, it's more like Software Design and Documentation. We've only been on the computer for about a week over the last two years and that was for one assignment (for which I got 100% on), and for the last assignment I got a ZERO. And it's simply because it's such a shit subject with such a shit syllabus filled with nothing but irrelevant theory that was created over a decade ago. And don't think "oh, he's just not good at computers" - I develop websites part time. I know all about computers, I know plenty of code and algorithms, this subject barely touches on that stuff. It's all about the issues of making sure that you plan out the way in which you're going to design the software, and that you know exactly what your client wants, and that you know the ways in which software would be good for people with (for example) disabilities. It's bullshit.

Genrol

HSC
Naaah, I personally don't do IPT, but I've got plenty of mates who do both IPT and SDD and they say that SDD is way worse. At least there is SOME practical in IPT.

Pfortune35

HSC
yeh i do sdd we use computers every lesson and its still shithaus i hate this sub

mad bludge thou

zombies

HSC
Well I was originally going to do SDD this year, but due to timetable issues I had to do SOR I instead, and I'm glad I'm not doing it haha.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I am serious , IPT is much shitter.

I am in IPT now, be happy you don't do it

fariss

HSC
mate. at least your teacher probably teaches you the syllabus.
unlike mine last year..

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
SDD - IPT are godly, better than MX2.

The bed you make is the one you need to sleep in.

Last edited:

ismeta

HSC
I don't do SDD, but I did IPT last year. The closest thing we got to something exciting (in my opinion, which is flawed) was learning basic, basic SQL. Even then, we didn't move beyond SELECT, FROM, WHERE - and I was still really sleepy during that lesson. (okay, okay. I didn't get enough sleep the night before. But that's not the point. :D)

And mind you, that Samuel Davis IPT textbook. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

moxpsy

HSC
I can see where you guys are coming from, I know IPT can be dry at some points, but I'm enjoying it. I wanted to do SDD however my school was all like "You don't want to be doing too many IT related subjects or you'll restrict your options later on". I'm going to uni to do a Bach. of IT no doubt... but in the end they wouldn't let me. Thus, I can't really compare the two courses.

I will say though, that damn Samuel Davis textbook! I could burn it and it would be more useful.

McTrollPheg

HSC
I did IPT last year during the prelims, believe me you do absolutely nothing in the lessons. It's mainly theory and little prac for me but it was general knowledge so I dropped it (Relates to nothing you like to learn). SDD is even worse to be honest we either did too much prac or too much theory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)