Worried - i need opinions! (1 Viewer)

soras2

HSC
Hi, i need help!
I'm getting a little worried about my subject selection for my preliminary course and it's the end of term 1 already.
I don't think i chose my subjects wisely anymore, but these are the subjects that i chose anyway,

2unit business studies
2unit economics
advance english
ext.1 mathematics
2unit music
1unit photography

Do you think i'd be able to get a high UAI with these subjects assuming that i get around the 80's for my subjects in the HSC?

Last edited:

-pari-

HSC
N/A
nothing wrong with your subs. they look fine to me.

most of them are pretty main stream, with no devastating scaling - if that was what you were worried about.

essentially though, as i'm sure you've heard countless times, your subject choice is not the determining factor.
you can get 90+ with any combination of subjects, so long as you put in the work.

umop 3pisdn

Banned
HSC
soras2 said:
Hi, i need help!
I'm getting a little worried about my subject selection for my preliminary course and it's the end of term 1 already.
I don't think i chose my subjects wisely anymore, but these are the subjects that i chose anyway,

2unit business studies
2unit economics
advance english
ext.1 mathematics
2unit music
1unit photography

Do you think i'd be able to get a high UAI with these subjects assuming that i get around the 80's for my subjects in the HSC?
Eco and Maths both scale very well

which isn't important

do you know which subjects you'll drop (if any) for the HSC?

best to go for high 80s to be safe ;)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
so youre gonna have 11 units when you start HSC year
if you get 80s for all your subject, you should comfortable get mid 80 UAI to low 90s, depending on how high 80s you get.

soras2

HSC
umop 3pisdn said:
Eco and Maths both scale very well

which isn't important

do you know which subjects you'll drop (if any) for the HSC?

best to go for high 80s to be safe ;)
i drop photography and thats the only thing i can drop cus i'd be left with 11 units

N

noir.

Your subjects are fine. [any subject you do is fine] Stay consistent throughout year 12 and you'll be fine!

White-Doggy

HSC
soras2 said:
Hi, i need help!

If u stick with music until yr 12, u could either choose : music extension 1 or music1. Music extension has much higher scaling then music, but I guess more work?
nehoots like everybody says, if u put in enough effort, consistency and preserverance...then all should be fine :)

Also if when u consider scaling aspects, also be aware of ur class. If the class does good, then pretty much benefits u and vice versa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)