Worried - ATAR Estimate (1 Viewer)

Mawled

HSC
Hey guys, first post on BOS!

Im getting quite nervous after reading around, and after entering my scores into a UAI calculator, now im not too sure if i understand everything correctly so i hope you guys could clarify, or help me out.

School rank around 150th in Australia.

Subjects:
Earth & Environmental Science 7/19
Hospitality 10/60
English Standard 60/128
Biology 35/60
Business Studies 18 / 60
I havent been applying myself over the last 2 years and i feel bad for doing so. im a very capeable person , however subject selections were poor choices and i have little motivation to study for the subjects.
I intend to get into a IT course one way or another, i have the skills and the brain, just not the results in writing.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Mawled

HSC
Ok lets saying using the calculator i linked, that i get:

[scaled mark(/50)]

Hospitality: 40
English Standard: 27.5
Earth & Environmental Science: 32.5
Biology: 35
Business Studies: 30

Result = ATAR 82.45

That is suprisungly high result as i can easily acheive similair results with little to no study o_O have i calculated something wrong? am i completley off the mark or is that the truth?

P.s. So if i get RAW HSC marks of 80% 55% 65% 70% & 60% i can acheive a ATAR of 82.45 after scaling o_O!?!?! i must be wrong

Last edited:

saberbladexx

HSC
Ok lets saying using the calculator i linked, that i get:

[scaled mark(/50)]

Hospitality: 40
English Standard: 27.5
Earth & Environmental Science: 32.5
Biology: 35
Business Studies: 30

Result = ATAR 82.45

That is suprisungly high result as i can easily acheive similair results with little to no study o_O have i calculated something wrong? am i completley off the mark or is that the truth?

P.s. So if i get RAW HSC marks of 80% 55% 65% 70% & 60% i can acheive a ATAR of 82.45 after scaling o_O!?!?! i must be wrong
If you get those aligned marks you'll get a 41.7 atar, those marks out of 50 are the scaled mark meaning the UAC got those marks from scaling you're raw ones.

To get those scaled marks though and get that atar you need these aligned marks
Eng std:76
Hospitality: 94
EES: 85
Biology: 83
BS: 80

If you get roughly these marks in your hsc report through the mail then you'll get close to that atar stated above, btw aligned marks are slightly usually higher than their raw ones so take note of that.

Mawled

HSC
So basically if i have sustained around 60% test results across the board through all of Year 12, im screwed???

UNLESS the HSC is considerabley easier than tests set by my school lol.

I better study friggen hard even for my measly 73.55 ATAR

Last question with school rank around 150 and all HSC RAW results of 70 what UAI will i expect with my listed subjects.

Thanks alot guys!!!!

K

khorne

Get off BOS and get studying, or you won't get anything worthwhile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)