Worried about Atar! (1 Viewer)

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
Hey guys

I just finished my half-yearlies and I got the following ranks; which I am so worried because I need really need an Atar of above 99+ to get into medicine. I feel that I am burning out and there would be no other way I can achieve my goal to get into medicine.

Chemistry; I came 4/20 -- Already done 45% of Assignment
Biology; 5/48 -- Already done 35% of Assignment
English advanced: 45/58 -- Already done 40% of Assignment
Maths ext 1: 4/7 -- Already done 30% of Assignment
Maths ext 2: 3/3--- did really bad got 30% in 2nd assignment weighting 20%-- Should I drop maths ext 2 depending on my rank/mark or do I still have a chance to get a band 6?

Maths 2u; 3/13 -- Already done 40% of Assignment
SOR 1u; 3/58 -- Already done 15% of Assignment

MY school Rank is 200+!!!

My question is that do I still have a chance to get HSC mark of above 95 in each subject and an Atar of 99+, if I really work very hard throughout the year. What Atar would I get depending on my current Ranks or if I improve all my ranks to top 2 by the end of the year...

I am so worried, as to how can I achieve that high Atar, sometimes when I think, I get stress that I can't make it to make to Medicine.

Anyone who have done HSC last year, could they please provide their ranks and marks they achieved to get about 90+ Atar.

Thanks to everyone...

Homo Sapien

HSC
According to the ranks you have given us and your school rank, the highest ATAR you can get is 92. This is mainly because of your very low rank in english.

Capt Rifle

HSC
Its only half yearlies street boy, but according to your ranks you have potential to hit the 90s. I'd say keep mx2, but pick up your game in ENGLISH! Good Luck

Homo Sapien

HSC
Just try your best for at least 88 and then do science at UWS and transfer to med later. Your chances of getting into med this year and very very low, good luck though.

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
According to the ranks you have given us and your school rank, the highest ATAR you can get is 92. This is mainly because of your very low rank in english.
I really like the way you helped lol, I don't really know how can I thank you, coz, you just give a good motivation.

So are my other ranks good at this stage, how can I improve my english, I try very hard and but still I can't get good marks in english! Any tips on english, lol.

can you get bonus points if you get like a 90 Atar, to do advanced schience... and then transfer to medicine...

Thanks to very else here.... THANKS GUYS, I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
Just try your best for at least 88 and then do science at UWS and transfer to med later. Your chances of getting into med this year and very very low, good luck though.
Really lol, can you do a science degree and then transfer. Or can you do advanced science degree and then transfer to medicine. My science teacher, told me you need atleast 95 atar for advanced science, lol.

Homo Sapien

HSC
thanks, what about you
He has finished his HSC already. What do you mean by 'what about you'

Yeah, just try your best, study 15 hours per day and do at least 3 past papers per day and write a lot of practice essays for english, improve your comprehension, grammar and analytic skills and you will hopefully hit the 90's

Think about changing your signature.

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
He has finished his HSC already. What do you mean by 'what about you'

Yeah, just try your best, study 15 hours per day and do at least 3 past papers per day and write a lot of practice essays for english, improve your comprehension, grammar and analytic skills and you will hopefully hit the 90's

Think about changing your signature.
Thanks, lol

I really appreciate it. Good luck in your studies and hopfully we can get into medicine after all our hard work.

Should I keep maths ext 2 and study my ass off... or should I drop it becasue I ranked 3/3 in class getting 30/100, did bad... If I drop maths ext 2, will it affect me from getting above 99+ ATAR.

yugimon

HSC
unlike the others, ima break it to ya pal, no chance of getting into med, open your options, i'll keep it at that.

mac1996

HSC
unlike the others, ima break it to ya pal, no chance of getting into med, open your options, i'll keep it at that.
I second that, considering ur school rank is 200+ its way too late to change anything

Homo Sapien

HSC
Thanks, lol

I really appreciate it. Good luck in your studies and hopfully we can get into medicine after all our hard work.

Should I keep maths ext 2 and study my ass off... or should I drop it becasue I ranked 3/3 in class getting 30/100, did bad... If I drop maths ext 2, will it affect me from getting above 99+ ATAR.
It won't affect it because with or without it you will NOT get and ATAR of 99+. You should be over the moon if you hit the 90's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)