World Youth Day (1 Viewer)

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Well I already covered that by pointing out that secular historians agree that Matthew didn't write the Gospel, it came 2 or 3 generations after Christ and borrows extensively from Mark.
Yes we studied this at school. The first Gospel was Mark's and Matthew and Luke's Gospels were based on this work. John's Gospel was written much later than the other 3 and most likely has a different source.

rozymisty

HSC
Just wondering if any of you know why there were so many WYD people in Brisbane today...i thought it was odd that so many were up here when its down in Sydney soon. Most of them were german too i think....

do u hve to pay to go?

chris.walker

HSC
fuckk thatt waste of time and money.,...just gonna piss every1 off in sydney!!!
most of the youth in sydney are against it LOL

Aznmichael92

HSC
rozymisty said:
Just wondering if any of you know why there were so many WYD people in Brisbane today...i thought it was odd that so many were up here when its down in Sydney soon. Most of them were german too i think....

do u hve to pay to go?
you have to pay to go unless you are volunteering. Um i think they are in brisbane as they planning to change flights to get to sydney? Or they could be going on tours like the people I greeted earlier. Mentionin greeting, got to go now to welcome another bunch of people. this time americans

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
you have to pay to go unless you are volunteering. Um i think they are in brisbane as they planning to change flights to get to sydney? Or they could be going on tours like the people I greeted earlier. Mentionin greeting, got to go now to welcome another bunch of people. this time americans
you don't have to pay for things like the opening mass, youth festival events and the papal tour (motorcade, boatacade)

Aznmichael92

HSC
CharlieB said:
you don't have to pay for things like the opening mass, youth festival events and the papal tour (motorcade, boatacade)
thats true but i meant like lunch and what do they call those things in the morning. Forgot. Yeah there are some events you can go in for free.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
rozymisty said:

do u hve to pay to go?
The pilgrims would have been in Brisbane last week for the Days in the Diocese program where all the international pilgrims went to different parts of Australia to experience cultural immersion and do community service before going to Sydney.

shell..

HSC
so who actually ended up going after all that?

i went..
honestly, forget a sea.. this was literally an ocean of people
but hey, the 4km walk from central to randwick was fun and meeting heaps of new people was too.. i don't think i talked about anything remotely religious all day :p besides, it was pretty obvious why we were all there anyway..

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.
forget the religious stuff, meeting people from all over the world was awesome!

shell..

HSC
Martyno1 said:
it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.
forget the religious stuff, meeting people from all over the world was awesome!
agreeeeeed
amazing.

rochelleee

HSC
yeahh i went for the whole thing!

that was *the* best week.
ever.

maybe till madrid.. lol.

shakky15

HSC
WYD was awesome!!

theres always gonna be ppl that are against these things (just read the past few pages).. but really... like over 300,000 people packed into randwick on sunday - i think that says that many people wanted this thing to go ahead, and so what if taxpayers paid for some of it? really, if it was 79million, as someone quoted before, then its like each taxpayer paid like $20...get over it, its not like they woulda spent that money on the health or transport system anyway

and to those stupid protestors... get a life. You guys did jack shit to weaken the spirit of the week - i didn't even see one of you cynical losers and i went to practically the whole week. Get back to studying for ur degree... and stop being a waste of time and a pain in the ass

end of rant

suzieee

HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
thats true but i meant like lunch and what do they call those things in the morning. Forgot. Yeah there are some events you can go in for free.
the only thing you had to pay for was the food. everything else was free :) oh you had to pay for the backpacks and passports as well..

suzieee

HSC
shakky15 said:
WYD was awesome!!

theres always gonna be ppl that are against these things (just read the past few pages).. but really... like over 300,000 people packed into randwick on sunday - i think that says that many people wanted this thing to go ahead, and so what if taxpayers paid for some of it? really, if it was 79million, as someone quoted before, then its like each taxpayer paid like $20...get over it, its not like they woulda spent that money on the health or transport system anyway

and to those stupid protestors... get a life. You guys did jack shit to weaken the spirit of the week - i didn't even see one of you cynical losers and i went to practically the whole week. Get back to studying for ur degree... and stop being a waste of time and a pain in the ass

end of rant
yeah it was awesome :) except the evening meals...

we saw the protesters, there were maybe 100 of them on the side of the road as we were walking to randwick. it was pretty funny- i think they were trying to offend us but everyone was just singing lol :)

shakky15

HSC
suzieee said:

we saw the protesters, there were maybe 100 of them on the side of the road as we were walking to randwick. it was pretty funny- i think they were trying to offend us but everyone was just singing lol :)
lol i was so over tuna by the end of the week... and that canned vegetable thingy for dinner at the sleepout wasnt too nice either ..

the atmosphere was really great though - thats y i went anyway

rochelleee

HSC
suzieee said:

haha same i didnt see any, but i heard that all the protesters got drowned out by "BENEDETTO" chants (y)

food was bad but i guess it was all part of the experience ayee?

pfftt i hate the taxpayer argument. wyd brings SO MUCH MORE money into the economy with the tourism etc. not to mention that the tourism is long-term: people will keep coming cos sydney's jus too good. lol.

YO!

Banned
HSC
shakky15 said:
WYD was awesome!!

end of rant
So what if tax payers paid for ALL of it.

Also, you sound like Mugabe with your whole "Stupid protesters...I'm gonna kill the lot of you" stance.

Also, why would the protesters be a pain in the ass if you didn't see any of them? Anybody see a hole? :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)