World Idol (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
But this voting system is a bit unfair...since the larger population will have more people voting, hence that home idol automatically starts with more points...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
The way I inteperated that post is that its going to work on equal votes per county. Ie America won't have alot more votes for their idol. Guy is going to automatically get 12 points from Australia (and only 12 points, not 12 points per vote) , so you should vote for Kelly to help get her 10 points, since Guy is automatically going to get 12 points.
yeah that;s right, hence making it fair....
Originally posted by Survivor39
But this voting system is a bit unfair...since the larger population will have more people voting, hence that home idol automatically starts with more points...
no, you see that doesn't happen. it is fair because it doesn't work on populations.

AUSTRALIANS
vote:
usa 5000
canada 7000
uk 10 000
nz 4000
germany 6000

it doesn't matter what guy got, there is no point in aussies voting guy, as he will get 12 points to start:

guy - 12

uk got the 2ndbiggest number of votes, so therefore he gets 10 points

uk - 10

canada - 9 points

etc.

then you can have germany voting:
guy - 1000 :)
uk 50
nz 578
usa 586
canada 902

therefore, germany gets 12 points from it's country
guy gets 10 points as he has the 2nd most votes
canada 9 points

etc.

therefore, even though germany's population was smaller, the same number of points are given. population means nothing.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I still don't get it....

USA has the most population, doesn that make Kelly has the most 12 points free point?

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
i dont think population has nethin 2 do wit it. each country has its own votin system, and the contestants will recieve their points accordin to how many ppl voted 4 them in that paticular country. so its based on ranks of the number of votes recieved in each separeate country (i dunno is thats tru, but that what i think, im sorry if i confused ne 1)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I still don't get it....

USA has the most population, doesn that make Kelly has the most 12 points free point?
no, kelly gets 12 points from her country. guy gets 12 points from us. german dude gets 12 points from germany. 12 points only, not 12 points per vote.
Originally posted by Suney_J
i dont think population has nethin 2 do wit it. each country has its own votin system, and the contestants will recieve their points accordin to how many ppl voted 4 them in that paticular country. so its based on ranks of the number of votes recieved in each separeate country (i dunno is thats tru, but that what i think, im sorry if i confused ne 1)
yeah

think of it as each country votes to their own voting lines, and then the resuts from each country are tallied seperately.

then the singers are ranked within the voting country.

and then the rank determines how many points they get

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
no, kelly gets 12 points from her country. guy gets 12 points from us. german dude gets 12 points from germany. 12 points only, not 12 points per vote.
NO! then what's the point of giving 12 points to each country??
the 12 points will cancel each other...

It is 12 points PER vote!

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC

Points System:
Home country contestant 12 points
1st place 10 points
2nd place 9 points
3rd place 8 points
4th place 7 points
5th place 6 points
6th place 5 points
7th place 4 points
8th place 3 points
9th place 2 points
10th place 1 point

The points each Idol gets from all of the countries will be tallied and added together by an independent vote management company to determine their overall position in the contest.
i dont think each vote is worth 12 points, i think the points are distributed seprately in each country accordin by ranks which is determined by the number of votes recieved by each idol winner, they then add up all the points from each country

but i do agree wit survivor on why each home contestant gets 12 points, they all cancel out ne way

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Ok this is how the voting work in simple term.

When you vote, your home idol gets 12 points from you regardless if you like him/her or not.

Then, you vote from 1st place to 10th place (Notice how there is 10 Idol left) for other Idols. The points are added together from each country that will eventually be added together from all countries.

The windder of World Idol is the one who score the most points at the end.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
they started filmin world idol, and Kelly looks 2 be the favourite accordin 2 the judges

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
NO! then what's the point of giving 12 points to each country??
the 12 points will cancel each other...

It is 12 points PER vote!
exactly! there is no point in giving 12 points per country

i think they have done it for fairness sake, so all people get some votes, and so people who don't see that they all cancel out think it is fairer

12 points per vote is not fair because of population

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
the Belguim idol is kinda like shannon,
but i think the south africans profile is impressive

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
the Netherlands and Canadian idols are twins :)
serious???
the Belguim idol is kinda like shannon,
but i think the south africans profile is impressive
cool

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Ok...can someone in the know tell me if I have this straight:
Each voter ranks each contestant in order (with their countries idol automatically in top place). Then, all the ranks are added up, to result in one single list of ranks from each country.
Then-this is compiled with the rankings from each other country, and whoever winds up with the highest rank at the end is the winner.
Is that right? :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)