workshops? (1 Viewer)

w i l l s

hey does any1 know of any workshops or lectures on scriptwriting? or perhaps some good books on it? or somewhere where i can find out?

thx heaps!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
hey have u ever considered contacting a real life script writer? the chances of getting a reply from a high profile person are slim but u never know!! my teacher has told stories of how ppl have contacted real life authors and they have replied and offered their expertise and advice! this girl in my class is doing a short story and is talking with the author brian caswell! he even visited her at school! just try ur luck. as for lectures and workshops...im not too sure

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
ETA Day Extension II

There is an ETA day for extension two comming up some time in march... i have to form in my locker at school if you want the date.

Doesn't say much about what it is on - your school, if they are a part of it, should get a fax sooner to the date. My teacher usually gives one to me so if we get a copy and it says what its about i'll post - but it might have something on it.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Waste of time--don't give em your money!!

But yeah definitely try to get in touch with a real scriptwriter, you'd be suprised how willing to help some ppl like that are!

korry

HSC
N/A
Re: ETA Day Extension II

Originally posted by MissSavage29
There is an ETA day for extension two comming up some time in march... i have to form in my locker at school if you want the date.

Doesn't say much about what it is on - your school, if they are a part of it, should get a fax sooner to the date. My teacher usually gives one to me so if we get a copy and it says what its about i'll post - but it might have something on it.
yeah we got the notice abt it today
its at Knox Grammar on Sunday 14th March 10am-2:30pm
there are two workshops and an hr on the reflection statement
it costs $40 for students and you gotta register by 27th Feb

the workshops are for:
short stories
poems
critical response
scripts - film, tv, drama
video
multimedia

so if ur like me and doing a speech...we miss out i guess....

olay

HSC
^^^ hey we got that too :)

i did this course called ALW ... they have connections with Brian Caswell, and we learnt some supposed writing techniques that he uses. hehe and we also got a free book with brian caswell's signature. ;P SCORE :D

mayhemily

HSC
*yay* im excited about the ETA day!! But we have to catch the midnight train... which gets in at 6:30 am, and probably go home on the night train... which gets in at 3:00 am, sooo its gonna be a LONG day!!!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
ohhh that would suck mayhemily. I was excited about going to the ETA day as well, but I found out it's right in the middle of my half-yearlies. So I either go to the ETA day and lose the whole day to study, or concentrate on studying....

I wish they were having another day.

Oh, the dilemmas!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)