Working out aligned mark for SAM (1 Viewer)

nova

HSC
I've got two questions.

1. I'm trying to work out what my rough aligned mark will be to enter into SAM. Here are my marks from the preliminary course:
English (standard): 70/100 Rank: 8/58
General Mathematics: 88/100 Rank: 3/64
Economics: 86/100 Rank: 7/42
Business Studies: 81/100 Rank: 4/45
Ancient History: 85/100 Rank: 9/60

I goto Killara High, so the standard is pretty high and there's a lot of competition in the top 15-20 places of each subject. Say I kept up these ranks or improved on them, what kind of aligned marks should I be looking at entering in? This is what I came up with based on percentile ranking estimates.
English (standard): 76
General Mathematics: 90
Economics: 92
Business Studies: 91
Ancient History: 90

2. Being in the upper level of ranks for my school, how will this affect my moderated mark? Take into account that my school is comprehensive, and I think in 2001 or 02 the top comprehensive govt school in the state. I'm not sure how we did in 03 (but we had 1 or 2 people get 100 UAI).

Thanks in advance

acidicFury

No one can really guess aligned marks. They vary from year to year with the board and there seems to be no consistency.

Being in the upper ranks for your school will result in good moderated asessment marks, leaving the exam mark (up to you) to achieve a good HSC mark. It also gives you space if you slip up in the HSC, as well as taking some pressure off you for the HSC exam. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)