Working on Australia Day (1 Viewer)

NLAngel

HSC
For part time job, is there an additional wage? I forgot to ask my employer! (I work at pizza hut, if anyone else knows if they pay extra please tell me.) TIA

HSC
NLAngel said:
This is a WA site but it says:
Exclusions

Casual employees are not entitled to paid public holidays.
what the hell? i'm a casual employee, and i sure as hell get paid more on public holidays.

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A
It depends where you work. My work has done some rediculous loophole of 'averaging public holidays out' amongst your pay (but they clearly didn't) so when I worked today I got a flat rate of $11.08/hour which sucked balls.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Did any of you guys work today?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Whaaaaaat? I'm a casual (albeit, in my last week as a casual) and I sure as hell hope I got paid 2.5x the wage today ><

Dave2007

HSC
I worked on Aus Day, and I got my pay cut to minimum wage, then time and a half on that... So like, a dollar more an hour.

Skeeta

HSC
If you have signed a workplace agreement, you may not get paid more.

You may get a higher payrate overall, and this cancells out your public holiday rates.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
toadstooltown said:
It depends where you work. My work has done some rediculous loophole of 'averaging public holidays out' amongst your pay (but they clearly didn't) so when I worked today I got a flat rate of $11.08/hour which sucked balls.
Is your time worth more to you on the 26th than any other day? If not then quit bitching.

Natla

HSC
yeah every job is diff.. i work at a supermarket and got double time as a casual :)

i dont know about part time but full time staff get the day off and still get paid for it!

P

pLuvia

I worked 2.4 times normal wage, should be 2.5 don't know why they put it as that :(

Last edited by a moderator:

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Is your time worth more to you on the 26th than any other day? If not then quit bitching.
Yeah, it is, seeing as we made about tripple what we normally make and there are only two people on.

"Chubby"

HSC
i didn't work on aus day, but where i work, people who worked got paid double time and a half.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
withoutaface said:
well, i know my time is worth more on public holidays, and there is no way i would work one for no extra pay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)