Working/having a job during yr 11 and maybe yr 12? (1 Viewer)

Work during your HSC years...

• Already have a job

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Am trying to finding work

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I'd rather focus on my studies

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I have other commitments (sport, whatever)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just don't care about getting a job atm, rather relax at home and earn no money

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Anyone's opinions? Like a casual job or something during these times? who is working. who is waiting..who is finding it difficult to find a job atm and who just doesn't care about getting a job for a little cash? sry for the spelling error in the poll lol should be "Am trying to find work"

:monkey::shoot::argue:

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Since you're in year 11, I'd say you should get a casual job ASAP so you can work a fair few hours to get some money into your bank. Don't spend any of it and save for things that are important like a car or decent laptop/desktop.

If you've been working for a while at a certain place, you can usually get more flexible hours with your manager(s) during your HSC year to cut down the hours you work to replace with study. I'd advise against getting a job towards the middle or end of your HSC.

My job is easy and I work very infrequently. A little income is better than none and I can still devote decent amounts of time to study.

Mikiie

HSC
I am currently in year 11 and have a casual job in retail, it's actually quite easy to balance studying and decent shifts, I bought a netbook for schoolwork, while it isn't the most powerful thing (Atom 1.6ghz processor for those who are tech savvy) it helps get homework and other things done at school and home.

hornydickface

Banned
HSC
Do prostitution, its fast money and you'll end up wanting more to cover for contraception drugs.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
"Just don't care about getting a job atm, rather relax at home and earn no money" during HSC.

I wish that could still be the case in uni, but i spend so much monies T.T

Misyndo

HSC
I work 5 hours a night on Friday and Sunday and it hasn't been affecting my studies at all so its all based on time management and will (ie. you'll have enough energy to study after work).

nevery

HSC
I have a regular casual job which is a few hours a week that is very flexible. I also do some freelance website design.

I'd say go for the casual job as it doesn't take up too much time, gives you some money so you've got some already when you leave school, and it also gives you some time off from studies. It's good to not focus on your studies all the time.

dan2452

HSC
I work at IGA about 15-25 hours/week

But it actually DRAINS energy for me, so I'm definitely quitting before HSC year :p

Readaholic

HSC
Uni Grad
I have two casual jobs but work very little during the week. It actually works quite well because I still have an income but have plenty of time for homework/other activities.

X-Calibre

HSC
Rather focus on my studies then do a part time job. I have heard that after work you can't study and probs life is gonna get hectic in Yr 11 and 12.

madness_me

HSC
I have 2 jobs
One at EAS and the other through tutoring maths
its mad

BloomyLove

HSC Hater
HSC
I have 2 jobs
One at EAS and the other through tutoring maths
its mad
I tutor primary school Maths and I clean school busses. Good hours for both jobs. good money for cleaning. Bad money for tutoring, but meh. :)

Holly M

HSC
I'm about to start looking for a job, well after my half-yearlies most likely.
It will be my first job and basically i just don't want to be in fast food. I'm pretty OK with everything else. Problem is the things i wnat to do probably wont hire a 16 year old and close at normal office hours anyway.

I'm not sure how i will go in regards to it effecting my 'studying' etc. I think it might actually help me organise my time better. Plus some extra cash would be great.

Now the trouble is finding one.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I'm about to start looking for a job, well after my half-yearlies most likely.
It will be my first job and basically i just don't want to be in fast food. I'm pretty OK with everything else. Problem is the things i wnat to do probably wont hire a 16 year old and close at normal office hours anyway.

I'm not sure how i will go in regards to it effecting my 'studying' etc. I think it might actually help me organise my time better. Plus some extra cash would be great.

Now the trouble is finding one.
hahaha same here :D

As with life will get hetic in yrs 11 and 12, imagine what uni would be like, tryin to balance all those studies and have like a casual / part time job...so yea yr 11 and 12 is basically a minor compared to uni. its like comparing yr 12 to yr 6 or something when comparing it to uni.

But yeah, the earlier you start the better it is for you (more experience and more income)...

Anamei

HSC
Its apparantly better if you have a job or commitment unrelated to study as it stops you from procrastinating, thinking you have heaps of time and wasting it. its also like a break from study and you earn money... as long as you don't work too much 2 nights a week is good it depends on your school work load if you are coping and manage to keep up to date with homework and study then you might be able to pick up more shifts

spence

HSC
I'd definitely recommend having a job. It will be a lot easier to get one now than if you wait till you finish school, when every other school finisher wants one. And if you can't handle having a job on top of school commitments, then you will struggle during uni

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)