Working during Uni (1 Viewer)

euro-dragon

Im a LolOsaUR Hear Me Roa
HSC
Any comments on working whilst undertaking a busy uni schedule...people are telling me i should just focus on uni but i am interested in getting a part time job aswell...im especially interested to hear from people doing forensic biology - biomedical science

thanks

iamsickofyear12

HSC
If you have a lot of hours it sucks. By the time you spend 4 or 5 days a week at uni and a couple more working you don't have a lot of time or energy to do a lot of uni work.

krayzie_

HSC
Yeap, no time for work but if your motivated you will be able to do it.

However I have done the core subjects that you have done, and they are okay if you get on it, but usually every week you will have something due or a quiz or a report due, so if you able to balance work plus your homework then go for it but if your a procrastinator like the rest of us.. maybe I advise you to go uni for a few weeks and see if you could handle work plus a job. =D

Julz_012

HSC
i guess it depends on you. if your still living at home and have to option not to work, then it'd be heaps easier, but for those of us who live on our own, working=eating=survival, which also helps with the uni thing

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
maybe a part time job would be helpful in easing the pressure of uni...takes your mind off uni related stuff. Im doing a forensic degree and im thankful its only 18 hours a week for me. Prob work 2 days a week on top of that as well.

tempco

HSC
euro-dragon said:
well havent got a job yet but ive got like a 33 hour week for uni
Lol. I'm guessing 5 days a week? Might be able to work 1 day a week and have 1 day break if you can afford to. I can't see it working any other way... I'm assuming that you want to work, and you don't need to.

euro-dragon

Im a LolOsaUR Hear Me Roa
HSC
tempco said:
Lol. I'm guessing 5 days a week? Might be able to work 1 day a week and have 1 day break if you can afford to. I can't see it working any other way... I'm assuming that you want to work, and you don't need to.
lol nah 4 days...managed to get a wednesday free lol...by squishing tuesday full of pracs haha, umm..yeh i kinda wanna get a little money for myself to use..dont wanna rely on my parents for everything, but if i cant then ill just have to wait till i can

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
you could always work during the weekends =)

mzduxx2006

HSC
euro-dragon said:
Any comments on working whilst undertaking a busy uni schedule...people are telling me i should just focus on uni but i am interested in getting a part time job aswell...im especially interested to hear from people doing forensic biology - biomedical science

thanks
perhaps raught centerlink?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)