Working at Woolworths (1 Viewer)

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
I work at Woolworths in the produce department. I had my induction in November and my first shift was back in early December 2005. I'm in week 10 of my 11 week probation.

Having worked there for 2 months now, I can honestly say that my experience would have been much better if I had a better department manager. My fellow employees and 2nd in charge manager are great though.

Here are the reasons why my time at Woolies so far hasn't been that good:
- My department manager didn't go through every stage of my on-job training.
- He did not show me how to use certain equipment. This includes a pallet jack to receive produce deliveries, and cutting fruits and vegetables.
- I don't feel comfortable asking him questions. I ask him a question and most times he just has this look as if to say, "go away, I got no time".
- He has on a number of occasions changed my shifts at short notice.
- He puts pressure on me in getting tasks done.

I have absolutely no problems with my 2IC (2nd in charge). He is excellent. But its my actual manager who hasn't made my experience at Woolies enjoyable.

I'm also at uni and it's important for me to earn some money while I'm studying. But it has come to a point where I might quit my job because of the above reasons.

With one week left on my probation, they at Woolies might not even want to keep me in the job, so I don't know.

Is it worth staying longer if I'm not all that happy with my job?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
even though u dont like the job- keep it for now until u do find a better one

i just finished my 4 months with the liquor dept and had a good dept mgr, but he just left...otherwise i dont mind my job

a job is a job- even if it is woolies

Lanily

HSC
I've been working and Woolworths at the Front End for 2 years, and it's not the ideal employment for a university student. My department manager is in love with her job and has no time for anyone not 100% dedicated to retail. She changes my shifts without notice, and won't listen when I tell her I can only work certain days and times during the week because of uni. Basically I just have to say I'm not available at all during the 4 days a week I'm studying because even if I say I can work in the mornings but not afternoons, I get rostered on for a shift I can't do anyway. So I can only work 3 days of the week :mad1:
Just hang in there, and wait till you can find something better and then leave, there's not point not having a job at all. It's hard because it seems like a lot of jobs aren't student friendly :mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)