worked harder for trials than hsc? (1 Viewer)

Crholic

HSC
hey,
i studies my ass off for the trials...but 4 hsc im not motivated anymore lol but im getting there i just reminded myself that i need to get a high uai and im doing fine.....just remeber dont give up! you worked hard for years and its all down to this moment!!! GOODLUCK TO YOU ALL! xoxo

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Whatever I needed to know for the HSC I've learnt in the trials but my motivation is the same still.

(Except:
Chemistry: Shipwrecks, Conservation and Corrosion
Maths Ext. 1: Projectile Motion
Physics: Astrophysics - Binary Stars and Stellar Evolution)

cutiebabyforeva

Coz I'm Cool Like That ;)
HSC
Yep Ive felt like that. I finished my trials in week 5 of term 3 and I barely did any study after it. I've lost motivation at the most crucial point! :( But I'm kinda getting back into studying now... finally >.<

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
ummm i wonldnt say that ive worked hard in both trials and hsc. i just plan to use the same technique that i did for trials - which is cram study :D
Cramming is what i will be doing. Seems to be the only option left for me now. I've already wasted so much time over the past 2 weeks. :D

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
LOLS OMGSH SAMES :D\\

more like wasted so much time over the past 2 YEARS for me LOL
Year 11 was a complete waste. I never really studied properly this year - i only studied prior to some assessments. Hsc isn't looking to good for me. :(

Last edited:

starrysky

HSC
Same here, Tanzin.

I promise you, I'm not going to get above 75. I promise you aaaaaalllllllllllll.

Cramming. BAH.

Okay, here's my plan: Finish writing up new essays for English ADvanced by tomorrow. Tomorrow is in-school study group for Maths, so Maths study will begin tomorrow night, right through to Saturday. Sunday will be Biology notes until Wednesday. Thursday willl be spent going over English Advanced for Paper 1, organising notes for Paper 2.

AWWWWWWWWWW HOLY SHIT ON A STICK. Lolfail.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
The shit thing is - i think im in denial. My optimism is making me believe that i can somehow still - with all the lack of study - pull off an 80 uai. Yepo - Fucked.

starrysky

HSC
tanjin said:
The shit thing is - i think im in denial. My optimism is making me believe that i can somehow still - with all the lack of study - pull off an 80 uai. Yepo - Fucked.
We're awesome in our false senses of security, yo.

Right. I'll start on modules now ...

bahhh

HSC
Wow tanjin I am 100% the exact same as you. I just have not gotten myself to start working, and chances are I wont work until the day before the HSC starts and then during the HSC.. Just the problem is, when you are doing that little work and so many others have been working for weeks, you're garenteed to fail.. I'm not really complaining - I accept my actions of lounging around and overall doing nothing will come back to haunt me, but I think we're all taking this a little too seriously anyway. Let's have a perspective check!

1 in every 3 of us will drop out of our course in the first year - Yay!
Nearly all the people I knew who were doing courses in the high 90's have dropped out or moved to doing a much easier course (Mind you these are all private school people)

You dont HAVE to fall into any catagories and with the right attitude you'll probably be fine, just keep in mind that even if you don't get that UAI you wanted and end up in a 75 UAI course at Sydney Uni (We'll hang out in class) you are probably still going to be fine in life.

Sorry about my rambling on.. But I hope that helps some of you..

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
The thing is and I have said this before. Is that after the trials are over, people usually get so run down from it all - being a major exam period and quite a stressful time for all. Straight after the trials school starts winding down (for most), final assessments, parties, formals, grads etc. Everyone enters party mode and study pretty much goes straight out the window.

Throughout this time people have this almost magically idea that their study patterns will change as soon as the "holidays" (stuvac) begin. Shock horror they don't. It isn't easy to change your spots and old habits do die hard.

Instead of saying your going to do 137187381919 study a day, plan what you want to achieve, set rewards, complete times etc. Basically make study easier on you. No matter what your school, intellegence, marks or ranks you are still going to have to study (no matter if you admit that or not) especially with for most subjects you still have more then 50% of your hsc to go - the exams.

Best of luck 07ers in the final run home. :)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
omfg. i am the same. i have this thing that " i'll be fine" even though i'm not studying. when i KNW i wont be. *cry* :(

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I think most BOSers are in the same boat. Hence all these "what if threads" and discussion rather then study. :p

bahhh

HSC
pritnep said:
I think most BOSers are in the same boat. Hence all these "what if threads" and discussion rather then study. :p
Ohhh Pritnep how I envy your 80+ UAI and your ability to sit back while we all stress out! JELOUSY! = P

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Any '07 HSC'er who's on BOS right now - LOL not looking too good for us. :eek:

samuel slack

HSC
Lol. I only get on here in between study. I've already done an hour and a half. Woot!

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
tell me about it. but usually when im not on here im procrastinating some other way so i thought i might as well go on
Ditto

LOL & Mel:

Paradox –noun

1.a statement or proposition that seems self-contradictory or absurd but in reality expresses a possible truth.

2.a self-contradictory and false proposition.

3.any person, thing, or situation exhibiting an apparently contradictory nature.

4.an opinion or statement contrary to commonly accepted opinion.

:)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
bahhh said:
Ohhh Pritnep how I envy your 80+ UAI and your ability to sit back while we all stress out! JELOUSY! = P
Well compared to other BOSers it isn't that cash hot of a UAI but it was above my goal/aim/expectation and so as long as it gets you were you want to be then it's fine - it's only a means to an end. If it's any help I was probably stressing out last year at this time to. :p

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
i want a good uai without studying is that so hard to ask? LOL
Hahahaha... that would be so awesome... :D

Stupid BOS making it hard for us. :rofl:

Last edited:

purky

HSC
i was like this for the trials and my marks were BAD, was like middle-high in rank, after the trials everyone maintained there marks, i like dropped to the bottom. unless i lock myself in a romm im not going to study, and the 'study' room is full of crap. im screwed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)