Workchoices AWAs and CAs (1 Viewer)

cerene

procrastinator
HSC
Hey, i did teh catholic paper and they said that CAs and AWAs are lodged to different places

is that right?

I thought they were both lodged at teh OEA

if anyone can clear this for me, it would be eternally appreciated

thanks

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
- CA's are lodged to and certified by the AIRC
- AWA's are lodged and registered in the OEA, however, if the legality is challenged in the that it does not fit with the 'No Disadvantage Test' then the matter may be taken up with the AIRC

lisraeli

HSC
Not anymore... AIRC is pretty much useless now since the 06' labour market reforms came into play... its the AFPC which does the minimum wages+awards... the no disadvantage test doesn't apply anymore as well

gnrlies

HSC
AWA's and CA's are now both lodged with the OEA as of workchoices

rox88

HSC
can someone please explain 2 me the relations between enterprise agreements and certified agreements or are they the same meaning. btw labour market policies was in the CSSA trials, lost my marks there. :(

thanx u

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Enterprise bargaining can be either AWA or certified.
AWAs involve a direct negotiation between the employer and employee.
Certified agreements involve unions.

Am I right?

Robbo1872

HSC
AWA's are de-centralised wage determination agreements and are not enterprise agreements

Enterprise agreements are between groups of employees sometimes represented by a union and the employer on an enterprise level. This therefore makes enterprise agreements a collective agreement.

jaykhu

HSC
Robbo1872 said:
AWA's are de-centralised wage determination agreements and are not enterprise agreements

Enterprise agreements are between groups of employees sometimes represented by a union and the employer on an enterprise level. This therefore makes enterprise agreements a collective agreement.

There are two methods of wage determination:
Awards
and Enterprise Bargaining

Awards are just that, a centralised wage determination system.

Enterprise Bargaining encompasses decentralised wage agreements, including both CAs and AWAs.

Certified Agreements are ones that involve collective bargaining and do not neccessarily involve unions. It can be a group of employees going and asking for specific work conditions and the level of wage.

AWAs however are individual agreements between individual employees and employers, specifying the wage and working conditions.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)