Work/Snowboarding USA in Christmas Hols? (1 Viewer)

golferjim

HSC
Hey,
I'm planning to work and snowboard at a US resort from december until the end of feb this coming Christmas holidays and was wondering if anyone has done this before and has any helpful hints they could give me!!

Possible places i'd like to be at include: Mammoth mtn, Aspen, Jackson Hole, June mtn and the Lake tahoe region.

snowbunny

HSC
well i went to lake tahoe and colorado to ski last chirstmas...and id love to do what you want to do too so i was kinda paying attention to the ppl who worked at the resorts

so if u go 2 lake tahoe work at heavenly..its prob the best resort in the region...plu stunning views of the lake! and i heard lots of aussie accents operating chairlifts and on shuttlebuses..they sounded like they were having an awesome time!

my parents have been to jackson hole and apparently thats a great resort, mammoth is pretty cloe to LA so you could do weekend trips and do some sightseeing so that would be pretty cool..

in colorado we stayed at breckenridge but i did hear aspen is great but pretty stuck up coz its so expensice (movie stars go on holidays there)

hope i was a little help to you even though i dont know much... i plan on trying to get a job at whistler in canada after my uni course will have finished...that will be the season of 2009/2010 and they are holding the winter olympics so i can get out my aussie spirit haha it would be great atmosphere i rekon

anyway tell me how it goes!

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
You plan to work by being an instructor or simply looking for good places to board while working.. if so, go to canada.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
golferjim said:
Hey,
I'm planning to work and snowboard at a US resort from december until the end of feb this coming Christmas holidays and was wondering if anyone has done this before and has any helpful hints they could give me!!

Possible places i'd like to be at include: Mammoth mtn, Aspen, Jackson Hole, June mtn and the Lake tahoe region.
there are several companies that hire for ski resorts (australian based ones) - can't think of them off the top of my head but google will help u out... only prob is that u only want to work for what sounds about 2.5-3 months... most of the resorts want people to work for 4-6 months (the length of the season) - so you might have some trouble with that... good luck though

golferjim

HSC
Thanks snowbunny, ive seen heavenly and it looks awesome. Yeah i originally wanted to go to Canada but cant because every place requires 4 months so i figured Jasper could wait until after uni! It would be great if i could snatch an instructor job tho i have been in contact with the resort and they usually want instructors for the whole season until april.

I'll probably end up working at a snowboard shop or restaurant or something i guess.

PS- cant wait for this Aussie season- gonna be epic

selurkcin

HSC
N/A
sunjet said:
You plan to work by being an instructor or simply looking for good places to board while working.. if so, go to canada.
def. Canadas' snow (and runs) are heaps better than Americas'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)