• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

work relationships (1 Viewer)

Danoz The Great

HSC
There's some relationships at work - a few managers and a couple of casuals as well.

I don't think I could go out with a manager though - the power thing would just be too weird.

alien

HSC
two people from my old work fully went out and stuff and now she's pregnant and they just got married. that was maccas

dotto

HSC
A manager (age 19, or 20) was dating a base employee at my work (age 15-16), I never saw how they acted out of work but they often got angry at each other, it seemed a very jagged relationship. Though they've broken up now. One other classic workplace relationship was one that formed around the time I clocked in one saturday at 4:30, and broke up just before i left around 9:30 since the girl discovered was discovered the guy was cheating.

I myself am infatuated with one of my workmates. But at the same time I don't want to get involved since I feel iffy about a workplace relationship - mostly what could happen if its a rough breakup and I have to work alongside her...that and I'm pretty sure she has a boyfriend :p but yeah, I personally wouldn't get involved.

However, to contradict my own argument, my parents met in the office and to this date have a smooth relationship. I guess if you REALLY loved the other and they loved you as much, something like work shouldn't get in the way.

Heh, I don't think I helped anyone at al there, just sharing my observations

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
i am sorta having this relationship with this guy at work. we are definitely more than friends, like really really close, though not really slept together. but still, when we work, even just next door, he seems to be a different person than when we were just purely on a professional basis, and when we are out. I don't know why, but i suppose things can get a little awkward

V

val_dramaqueen

well... my boss is young. we're really good mates and it does kinda help when you're good mates with your boss for like... promotions and stuff... but when we're at work, its a pure work relationship. i didn't get to know her for a promotion... she's just an awesome chicmk! we don't bring friend shit in to the workplace. if you're gonna go out with someone from work, keep work at work and your relationship with them out of work.

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
i was sleeping with a guy from work. and now he quit coz someone found out. i dunoo why. it didnt bother anyone.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Haha, sounds like he's embarassed of you. How degrading.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
I went out with a guy at my work.. except when we first started going out he was jus another perm/part time night filler... then he got a department managers job and all the power seemed to go to his head...

we were together for 10 months, we broke up on bad terms and now he hates me... so its REALLY awkward going to work when i know hes going to be my boss for the night and he has to tell me wat to do and all that business....

It was never deemed as 'unprofessional' no-one was really against it... but ive lost alot of friends i met through him at work now that we're not together anymore...

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
heh, my cousin's seeing a woman from his work who's six years older than him, they're keeping it hush hush coz they don't want everyone to think she's biased etc... oh, and also the fact that she's still "involved" with this other guy... who'd left his wife for her :rolleyes:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
your cousin is stepping on dangerous grounds, but at least he knows what he's up against.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
mmm i told myself i would never go out with someone from work cuz it would be way too awkward after breaking up..
now im kinda seeing someone from work :S you cant really control who you like i guess.. but yeh like soha said it seems theres quite are few people who have dated (or are dating) others from work.. as long as it doesnt change how you do your job it should be fine

sladehk

le random
HSC
dating their boss is a common tactic of getting up the corporate ladder

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
jumb said:
If you have relations with people from work, you can feel awkward around them. People also make accusations if you play favourites with them.

However, if you're at some dodgy-teenager-temp-job-till-you-finish-school, then yeah, go nuts. Who cares if anything happens, the worlds your oyster!
I've been in a few short term relationships at work, and believe me when I say it can create awkwardness. The worst was when I went to have sex with a girl in the giant walk in freezer out the back where we store the beer, the cold caused a bit of wang shrinkage and she laughed at me and I have never lived it down. That little altercation limited my work relationship success from that point.

V

val_dramaqueen

sladehk said:
dating their boss is a common tactic of getting up the corporate ladder
OH YEAH!!

but im not really dating my boss.. we're just good friends... but...

OH YEAH!!!

aimstar555

HSC
at my work we've gotta couple goin out...and i'm pretty sure work was how they met (AWW HOW CUTE) they're both really young (16 and 18) and it's abit gross how most of the time they're hugging and kissing when no one's watching (or so they think).

besides, i would HATE it if my bf worked with me. i mean, wat if you've bin in a massive fight and all you wanna do is bitch about it/him to ya work friends (that you can trust) ?? i think, you gotta have sum time AWAY from the one you love just so you don't feel...i dunno...suffocated i guess :)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
at my work it would probably be difficult because we have about 13 people who work there and we are all really close.
Ive hooked up with someone from work and it wasnt awkward, we didnt give a shit but everyone around us seemed to make a big deal of it and not let us live it down but when they realised we were over it they go over it too.

I think it would be easy to fall for someone you work with because you spend so much time together, and is a pretty large part of your life (obviously with the older you get the more this is true) so its not surprising to see so many people "seeing" someone they work with.
And unprofessional? No, as long as you dont spend the time you are meant to work being all affectionate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)