work load? (1 Viewer)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
my work load isnt heaps but it still is classified as a workload.. i have 14 units and im tossing up which i should drop... if any -- music gets scaled the worse but i normally do music - i mean ive done it outside of school for 9 years so it comes kinda naturally now but still . wat u guys think?

abdooooo!!!

Banned
last years average scale mark out of 50:

music 1 - 22.3
music 2 - 32.6
music ext - 34.1

compared to:

standard english: 19.1
advanced english: 33.2

always do the subject that you're most interested in or good at... scaling is there so that choosing a harder course over an easy course or vice versa is neither a diadvantage or an advantage. although you can argue over the actual fairness of the technical side of the scaling system, ie 4u math compared to 4u english

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
wat is the scaling of 4 unit maths compared to 4 unit english??

I dont think ill drop anything.. do u think 14 units is too much?? i do 4 unit maths, adv engilsh, chem, physics, legal and music

14 units might be too many.
but its all about how well you think you can cope.
i was doing 13 units (with 4u english) and i dropped modern to free up some space, and i dont regret it at all

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by mazza_728
wat is the scaling of 4 unit maths compared to 4 unit english??
well for last year the average scale:

4u english - 38.1
3u english - 37.6

4u math - 43.4
3u math - 39.5

for 2001:

4u english - 37.1
3u english - 38.4

4u math - 45.0
3u math - 39.7

by the stats, BOS or UAC is saying that the 2001 4u english canditures are more 'stupid' than the 3u canditures:confused:, although mathematically possible its hard to think that the people who chose 4u can be less intelligent than 3u students. and look at 4u math, more than 50% of the state got 90+ compared to none for standard english; there is got to something wrong here...

Originally posted by mazza_728
I dont think ill drop anything.. do u think 14 units is too much?? i do 4 unit maths, adv engilsh, chem, physics, legal and music
depends... if you are interested in your subjects then don't drop any. you sound like a very intelligent person... especially with those essays of yours :). so i think you should be able to cope with 14units no problems. it'll be interesting to see what your uai would be in one years time...

i only do 13 units or maybe 15 if im lucky (distinction course selection only 3 days away...), but i concentrate on only english, 3/4u math, physics, and chemistry to get my uai; the others i do out of interest and to fill up free periods :)

Last edited:

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
same in a way .. i focus on english maths phys and chem -- im interested in legal and i study alot for it but its not as important and music is just a crusing subject which i have a bit of talent in, am interested in and i enjoy like mad! hehe thankyou for the essay comment but english is prolly my worst subjet.. i have such a maths/science brain! we're kinda doingthe same subjects so maybe we could help each other out sometime--feel free to pm me or my msn is mazza_728@hotmail.com i think i will keep the 14 and see how i go .. just organise my workload i think if i get organised ill be ok .. so over the holidays i have to get organised -- thanks for all ur help guys good luck xoxo
wow i was hapy to see that maths 4 unit and even maths 3 unit is scaled better than english 4 :p yay ..

abdooooo!!!

Banned
yeah we do same subjects. english is probably my worst subject as well. your essays really helped me a lot in my upcoming assessment which is in two days. i've been through hsc chemistry once, so i know a bit about how the hsc science works. therefore, if you need any help with chemistry you can count on me if the 03ers leave us as they head out to uni.

my email is mozart_iv@hotmail.com, but i'm never on msn...

oh yea... if you need chemistry prac notes i'll pm or email my to you. i've been told that they are very good. :)

i better stop posting irrelevant stuff in the music forum...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)