Work Experience (1 Viewer)

lolcti

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know how to get work experience with Taronga zoo or any similar places? I really wanted to go for Taronga zoo but it seems they're fully booked for the whole year. Should I wait until next year? Does anyone know other places which also get you hand-on experience with animals because I need minimum 5 days. Thanksssss <3

Cute-Duckie

HSC
If you have careers advisors, I'd recommend talking to them - for example I know that at the school I attend, taronga zoo offers one spot for a 5 day work experience to a person in Year 10 every year. Otherwise you could try the new zoo in Western Sydney, a vet's clinic, etc.

Also I was just looking at the taronga zoo website and it says they have a handful of spots in terms 3 and 4? There's a form where you can apply on this page https://taronga.org.au/get-involved/school-work-experience/sydney if you scroll down a bit.

Good luck!

lolcti

HSC
N/A
If you have careers advisors, I'd recommend talking to them - for example I know that at the school I attend, taronga zoo offers one spot for a 5 day work experience to a person in Year 10 every year. Otherwise you could try the new zoo in Western Sydney, a vet's clinic, etc.

Also I was just looking at the taronga zoo website and it says they have a handful of spots in terms 3 and 4? There's a form where you can apply on this page https://taronga.org.au/get-involved/school-work-experience/sydney if you scroll down a bit.

Good luck!
thanksss I think a senior from my school has already been chosen so ig I can try in yr12, I'm going to try call the new zoo in Western Sydney and pray they allow me to volunteer

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
thanksss I think a senior from my school has already been chosen so ig I can try in yr12, I'm going to try call the new zoo in Western Sydney and pray they allow me to volunteer
just do some at ur parents work or smn lmao. I did dad's and all i needed to do was archive for a lil bit.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
yk what I think I'm just going to spend yr11 volunteering at my local hospital and in yr12 the vet or Taronga zoo whichever one is in my fate.
Oh my god what hospital r u volunteering at, all nearby hospitals rejected me bc I have no degree which is understandable 💀💀

lolcti

HSC
N/A
Oh my god what hospital r u volunteering at, all nearby hospitals rejected me bc I have no degree which is understandable 💀💀
My mum works there so that’s probably why I got accepted 😭 but like it’s easier in Sydney I have a few friends who’ve just called hospitals and they got an opportunity as well

nsw..wollongong

HSC
My mum works there so that’s probably why I got accepted 😭 but like it’s easier in Sydney I have a few friends who’ve just called hospitals and they got an opportunity as well
Congrats it’s gonna be a rlly good experience 😍
When I called every hospital in the Illawarra the person on the phone laughed saying they barely have time to train their interns let alone have a high school volunteer roaming Arnd

lolcti

HSC
N/A
When I called every hospital in the Illawarra the person on the phone laughed saying they barely have time to train their interns let alone have a high school volunteer roaming Arnd
Stop I actually feel so bad, it’s ok though you’ll be a great doctor one day ~

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Meanwhile my region allows crowds of yr 10 students to roam the hospital for work exp programs 💀💀

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)