Work Experience (1 Viewer)

LawBrain

HSC
Has anyone ever done work experience at the Supreme Court on Williams St. in Melbourne?

If so I would love to here about what it was like. Were you actually able to sit in on the Court cases, or did your days pass in a slow blur of photocopying?

ilikebeeef

HSC
Has anyone ever done work experience at the Supreme Court on Williams St. in Melbourne?

If so I would love to here about what it was like. Were you actually able to sit in on the Court cases, or did your days pass in a slow blur of photocopying?
I have been to the Supreme Court in Sydney (part of work experience for the DPP), it was boring for me... sitting there for about 3 hours... but nonetheless the experience was useful, as it made me decide against doing law.

I suppose it depends on whether you are actually interested in law. If you are interested, it's fascinating.

LawBrain

HSC
Ohh, ok, what did you do in your 3 hours of sitting, because if it was 3 hours in court rooms then that would be 3 of the finest hours of my life!!
Also yes, I am very interested in Law, as tedious as it often can be.:p

ilikebeeef

HSC
Ohh, ok, what did you do in your 3 hours of sitting, because if it was 3 hours in court rooms then that would be 3 of the finest hours of my life!!
Lol I listened for a bit, took some notes from time to time, then tuned out... they were talking so quietly, the air conditioning was perfect, it's like a perfect sleep environment... I then started to randomly doodle in my notebook. I also microslept a fair bit, which was pretty embarrassing. xD

There was a lunch break though.

Also yes, I am very interested in Law, as tedious as it often can be.:p
Lol sounds oxymoronic, but that's understandable considering you haven't been to court yet or have had to search through big fat law books.

LawBrain

HSC
Haha, I hope mine turns out to me more eventful.
But I actually have been to the Supreme Court on City Experience for a bit and found the cases quite intruiging.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)