Work experience (1 Viewer)

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
I went to the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Newtown. For a while I wanted to be a doctor then I decided to be an orchestral musician. Lol.

HSC
^ that sounds waay more interesting than doing work experience with an architect. i didn't get to do much.. just file some stuff, shred etc etc. =( wish i got to visit a site.

James747

HSC
I'm doin my work experience at Gate Gourmet (an airline catering company) during mid-August. Actually wanted to go work at some airline like Qantas or Cathay Pacific instead, but they said only "relatives or friends" allowed. :( Still looking forward to it though, should be quite interesting...

yeahwateva

HSC
basketcase89 said:
I went to the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Newtown.

wHAT DID U HAVE TO DO DID U JUST ASK THEM...I HAVE TO ORGANISE MINE BUT IM SO SCARED...WHAT DO I SAY...i wanna do it at a hospital , coz i wanna e a doctor but im scared the will just larf at me

Xianyunyehe

HSC
回复: Work experience

I think where u r going to depends on what r u going to do as an occupation in the future,it will help u a lot,ive done it last week at a pharmaceutical company,it was good.
or if u have no idea what u r going to do,just go somewhere u interested into.The people there will be really nice to u .

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
I went to Reprogen, Faculty of Vet. Science, University of Sydney. Best time ever!

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
My school has decided to not organize Work Experience for Year 10s this year; apparently our calendar is "too busy" to squeeze it in. I still really want to do it though, so I'm thinking I might try and organize something for the Christmas holidays?

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Jachie said:
My school has decided to not organize Work Experience for Year 10s this year; apparently our calendar is "too busy" to squeeze it in. I still really want to do it though, so I'm thinking I might try and organize something for the Christmas holidays?
u should definatly try to organise it, it's one of the best part of year 10

Farscape

HSC
z600 said:
u should definatly try to organise it, it's one of the best part of year 10
I agree I loved my work experience and mine was just after the SC so it was a good break from all the study. I did mine at Parkes Radio Telescope at Parkes, and it was great I loved every second of it!

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Re: 回复: Work experience

Xianyunyehe said:
I think where u r going to depends on what r u going to do as an occupation in the future,it will help u a lot,ive done it last week at a pharmaceutical company,it was good.
or if u have no idea what u r going to do,just go somewhere u interested into.The people there will be really nice to u .
oo .. what pharmaceutical company did you do it at ? .. im really interested in doing pharmacy later in life .. xD

501n2u

HSC
In yr10 I went to The Discovery Group, and worked for the label Charlie Brown. Great fun, freebies. Not sure why I chose this, I guess I'm slightly interested in the fashion industry.

nandayo

ismist
HSC
One of my friends dads works on the top floor of Macquarie Bank, he checked out me resume, his wife gave me a good reference, and so it's Mac Bank Work Experience for me! This'll either be really amazing, or suck majorly. Have to wait and see..

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
nandayo said:
One of my friends dads works on the top floor of Macquarie Bank, he checked out me resume, his wife gave me a good reference, and so it's Mac Bank Work Experience for me! This'll either be really amazing, or suck majorly. Have to wait and see..
true, one of my friends went to the top floor in HSBC, he ended up getting coffees and photocopying

nandayo

ismist
HSC
Well, our careers advisor (who's been doing this job for about 40 something years) put a section on the Work Experience Form that the employee has to fill out and specifically state the kind of tasks the student will be doing. So, at least to some extent I know I won't be making coffee and photocopying all day. I forget the exact wording that the guy wrote on the form..something to the like of: Will assist in the production of reports and spreadsheets, organization of research and see the many departments at work.

I'm sure the cofee'll still slip its way in there somewhere. But who knows, my cofee-making skills could be so good - they'll offer me a job. Summer coffee clerk! Boooya

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)