Women-only ‘pink carriages’ - Aussie trains (1 Viewer)

cookie_dough

HSC
N/A
i think pink carriages is a bad waste of money
+ isnt there already CCTV footage on normal trains? As there is hardly any difference to normal carriages where sex crimes are committed, this just invites sexual predators to target areas where they know females will be. If certain women are scared of traveling in the dark its not the taxpayer's problem. This is retarded and creating a further gender division, indirectly saying that women are helpless and need protection.

At this rate soon there will be a call for government subsidies on women's kung-fu lessons so they can protect themselves

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Why would people want to care about me? I don't care about them.
Because people do. I know you care very little about others, but that does not warrant others to treat you in the same way. Most don't want to.

HSC
Uni Grad
Imo waste of money and time, no need for extra red tape. Most people in this country are generally considerate enough to know not to do shit and to actually stand up against injustice whenever shit happens.

Kolmias

HSC
Absolutely pointless idea which I'm sure is illegal to implement and enforce anyway.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
This is just plainly stupid... :lol:

Fought for years to get rid of segregation within gender and race... Blows the whole notion of this out of the water by asking for women only carriages on the train...

That's regressives for you... The cognition of the Left never ceases to amaze me...

Kolmias

HSC
This is just plainly stupid... :lol:

Fought for years to get rid of segregation within gender and race... Blows the whole notion of this out of the water by asking for women only carriages on the train...

That's regressives for you... The cognition of the Left never ceases to amaze me...
This is probably a scheme of right wingers, not lefties. Lefties can't be that stupid.

*sees communists*

I take that back. :tongue:

si2136

HSC
N/A
Should there be a men's carriage then?

sinophile

HSC
N/A
How could anyone, with even an ounce of intelligence, possibly think this is at all a good idea?

When the problem emanates from society itself, you find the problem and fix it, not lock it away in the broom closet and hope it disappears.
Japan has women's only trains because women getting groped on crowded trains is a big problem over there

Quite frankly late night public transport in sydney makes you feel unsafe. If guards did things like patrols would be much better but we all know that isn't going to happen.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Should there be a men's carriage then?
I thought this was assumed

like if female carriage then male carriage

either way the idea is stupid as fuck

they have this in India and it's fucking stupi

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I don't see it protecting anyone. You think a pink carriage is going to stop someone with ill intentions?

No they're gonna strut the fuck straight in and do what they were going to do

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
I don't see it protecting anyone. You think a pink carriage is going to stop someone with ill intentions?

No they're gonna strut the fuck straight in and do what they were going to do
Considering the laziness of the night guards, nothing will change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)