Woman accused of raping 13-year-old boy says he paid her (1 Viewer)

HSC
http://www.silive.com/newsflash/metro/index.ssf?/base/news-18/115414826386660.xml&storylist=simetro

Woman accused of raping 13-year-old boy says he paid her

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — A woman who admitted that she pretended to be a health department worker before raping a 13-year-old at knifepoint was actually solicited by the boy, her lawyer said Friday.

Marilyn Rosario, 34, was sentenced to six months in jail and 10 years probation.

Assistant Public Defender Erik Teifke said the boy Rosario is accused of raping on May 8 actually paid her $9 to have sex with him.

Rosario is intellectually challenged and was motivated by her addiction to cocaine, Teifke said.

"Regardless of how you got together or what happened, you did have sex with a minor," Acting County Court Judge Stephen Lindley said to Rosario.

She pleaded guilty to second-degree, or statutory, rape.

Rosario was initially charged with first-degree rape after the boy claimed Rosario came to his home and posed as a health department worker who was there to talk to him about sexually transmitted diseases, then raped and robbed him.

Rosario will also have to register as a sex offender, be required to have no contact with the boy, and repay the $9.

She is expected to serve four months of her sentence.

BradCube

HSC
She was only given six months in jail when first convicted for raping a minor? That really does seem a bit sexist to me.

Or is this the first trial?

Optophobia

HSC
I think the "repay the $9" part of this story exposes it as flawed journalism.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
if some 40yr old man had fucked a 13yr old girl at knifepoint, or even if she wanted it he would be looking at life. But because its a woman she gets off lightly?

transcendent

HSC
N/A
In the case of a guy, if the guy doesn't complain it shouldn't be an issue and possibly this should be applied to the opposite sex as well.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
transcendent said:
In the case of a guy, if the guy doesn't complain it shouldn't be an issue and possibly this should be applied to the opposite sex as well.
Remember the reason why its condoned is because it is with a minor. They cannot make "reasonable" decisions towards who they can have sex with.

What if a man got school kid to touch him after he asked for permission...Is that OK?

Julz_012

HSC
I think the reason her sentence was so light wasnt because she was a woman (though i'm not saying this had nothing to do with it) but because she was "intellectually challenged". maybe her intellectual disability made her as unable to make 'reasonable' decisions as the kid.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Julz_012 said:
I think the reason her sentence was so light wasnt because she was a woman (though i'm not saying this had nothing to do with it) but because she was "intellectually challenged". maybe her intellectual disability made her as unable to make 'reasonable' decisions as the kid.
Yes that could be the case and I think the situation is a rather sad one tbh.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Niiiiiiice.

Just hope she doesn't use the mel gibson defence on us or we might have to call THE DAWG :p

MissMe

HSC
N/A
Julz_012 said:
Exactly. It has nothing to do with her being female. Female rapists are given the same punishments as males, usually. This one had underlying issues, though, and I don't think we're getting the full story here either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)