Wollongong for 07? (1 Viewer)

mandas2choc

HSC
Me n a few girlies are wanting to go to wollongong for our 'schoolies'. Is it a good place? Or kinda crappy?

Is there many beach parties?

And do u know of any good places to stay at?

Manda xx

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
erm.... how can i put this... Wollongong is not a schoolies style destination. There wont be any beach parties or other organised events
Its a good place, good beaches, decent night scene, lots of young people, but be prepared to make your own fun. Good for a holiday, but if you are thinking its going to be like surfers paradise on the news then you will be pretty dissapointed.

HSC
You will probably have more fun going further down the coast like Jervis Bay or something where you can rent a holiday house or something?

Last edited:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
If you're looking to head to Wollongong, try somewhere like Oak Flats or even Dapto. Dapto is brilliant for schoolies-esque partying.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Raiks said:
Dapto is brilliant for schoolies-esque partying.
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
best call ever!!

nah dude, the gong's cool for like a weekend or so, but as far as schoolies goes...go north or south of here and you'll find somewhere pretty cool (though most places south are heaps far away from everything party-esque, so you'll be making your own fun).
as for south of the gong:
- kiama/jamberooo's ok for a relaxing weekend (close to at least a few shops and 1 or 2 pubs)...still not too far from syd/gong
- gerringong/gerroa - country-style beach area
- jervis bay - very beachy-relaxing area...there's a couple of caravan parks down that way (north and south) that they promote to people in the gong
- bateman's bay - its a long way down, but i have some good memories of fun times with family renting a holiday house, you guys could do a bit more there than some of the other places....over summer they have (from memory) a fair/carnival thingy with some rides and stuff (its cool if you feel like being a bit of a kid for a day)
there's not many other big places between there and melb

up north of syd (briefly):
- gosford/newcastle - close but still far enough for you not to feel like your at home
- nelson bay - good for beach, lots of sand dune fun, relaxing, etc
- port macq - not that good from experience
- south west rocks - good for a beachy holiday
- coffs - dont really know
- byron bay - not bad...nimbin is very dodgy (north-west of byron)
- tweed heads - good if you feel like sitting on the fence (lol)
and then you're basically in surfers/gold coast

mandas2choc

HSC
yiesh .. the gong doesnt sound that great anymore. we were thinking that cos it was like a city (kinda, sorta, not reallly) area that it would have good nightlife & weve all got fakies =) yay, so we could club it up?

wat a let down..

& i wanted byron, but the other girls dont.

where else can we go?

mandas2choc

HSC
should we jst stay in bondi ? would that be heaps better .. cos my friends arent allowed/dont want to go to skoolies at qld or byron .. iim like shocked abt that .. id love to go

Lozza446

HSC
Wollongong is an awesome place but not really good for schoolies. Theres plenty of night clubs and lots of people but no beach parties or anything and not many people go there for schoolies.
Come to Coffs Harbour. Thats the place to be:)

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Quite amusing. We all try to escape, and people contemplate coming here.

We got a house in Jervis Bay, it was quite the awesome.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Josie said:
Quite amusing. We all try to escape, and people contemplate coming here.

We got a house in Jervis Bay, it was quite the awesome.
haah yeah if you can tell by my first post, i was like completely shocked that anyone would think about coming here for schoolies.

The good thing about gong nightclubs is because its a unicity, its all young people. 90% are like 18-early 20's plus we have a gay bar which is totally awesome.

b3nif

HSC
Me and mates (5 boys 6 girls) rented a beach house in Kiama..startin on the 5th of December...is anyone else going down near that area?? is the date too late or what?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)