"With reference to the information system diagram... describe the components..." (1 Viewer)

Maximus

Decimus Meridius
HSC
There's a 6-mark question like this in each optin topic, so that means 12% of our marks will lie on knowing how to do this type of question. What is the best way to answer this?

SpaceMonkey

Frak!
HSC
Ahhh... know the information system diagram... ????

*Environment
*Purpose

Information system:
*Information processes
*Participants
*Data/information
*Information technology

Then... if you want to go into further detail do the 7 information processes:
*Collecting
*Organising
*Analysing
*Storing and retrieving
*Processing
*Transmitting and receiving
*Displaying

Maximus

Decimus Meridius
HSC
Well they supply the diagram for you, so that's not the problem. I just wanna know whether I should write the components out in point form like they have in the question, and after each one list where this can be found in the given system divided by a comma, or whether I should go into detail with each, maybe connect it all into a paragraph or so.

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
the 6 mark questions only require you to describe purporse, participants, data/info, IT and 3 processes, not all 7

so if asked to describe processing you wiuld give definition and relate it to scenario stated in question
eg 2003 paper Qu 26 asked for Organising, Analysing and Processing

for processing the expectation was:
Processing is the manipulation of data, by editing and updating it. Any time new survey data is added or updated it is processed. The calculation of the percentages of residents that agree with a particular question and the automatic generation of recommendations involve processing

Maximus

Decimus Meridius
HSC
Ah I see, so we split it all up, define each, and relate each to given system. Thankyou.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)