wireless router Mac to PC help (1 Viewer)

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
i'm hopeless when it comes to this stuff...

so basically, i have a cable modem that is currently plugged straight into my mac. i just tried running to cable modem through my wireless router straight into the mac so i can pick up the internet wirelessly upstairs on my sisters pc.

this did not work... sigh.

The pc has a wireless card which is defs working atm, it picked up the network when i had it all plugged in, but neither the pc or mac had internets! i'm pretty sure i dont have the cd that came with the router any more (its a d-link one... which i used to have running with two pcs... that was fine)

how do i make this work?! like, zomg. i want my internets to be all overrrr the house, yo.

many thanks. :shy:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Are you sure you've got the modem plugged into the "internet" ethernet port on the router? (Silly question)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Connect your modem to the router (port that says 'internet') using a ethernet cable. Then using the other ports, connect ethernet cables from the router to other computers if you want wired. Make sure all the lights and indicators are on and running so that you can pick up a wireless signal. Check your wireless settings to make sure they are correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)