• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

windows live messenger (1 Viewer)

Dwight

HSC
does anyone know how to prevent the copy and paste function of files into conversation windows (turning into transfers) on this application? ive gotten in trouble a fair few times

Dwight

HSC
jm1234567890 said:
what would you like to happen instead of a file transfer?
Nothing at all, so only text can be copied

I had no idea that you could send files that way until I did it by accident the other day

Dwight

HSC
Ok, sorry, I meant that I only want the copy and paste thing to work with text. When you select a file say on desktop, and then ctrl + c inside the conversation window, it automatically turns it into a transfer, to the person youre talking to. I want to disable that bit with the files but still be able to highlight and copy text, say a http link

Last edited:

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
When you Ctrl + C a file, the clip board doesn't contain the name of the file. You can test this out by Ctrl + V ing into notepad.

To get the name of the file, click slowly double-click its name then doing Ctrl + C.

p4e81

Domesticated Daydreamer
HSC
I would like to know, how to disable the news flashes at the bottom of the messenger window. It is so useless and takes up bandwidth. :mad1:

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Mess Patch have been around for years, you can patch your messenger with it. The website http://www.mess.be/

While you're patching it you can also turn off nudge protection and logos amongst other things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)