Aznmichael92

HSC
Nasonex said:
1. Federer 6600
2. Nadal 6055
3. Djokovic 4945
28. Hewitt 1050, lol what a complete dick

545 point difference, if Nadal can win Montreal Masters, its #1 time
not neccesarrily, remember federer did not win it last year but merely runner up. So even if he loses in final, he doesnt lose any points.

On ther other hand, Nadal made it to semi finals. The maximum number of ranking points he can gain is, 275 that is if he wins. It is not enough unless, Federer does not make it to the quarter finals at montreal. Which gives Nadal Rank 1 position by roughly 5 points?

If dont trust me, here is calculations.

Nadal Currently 6055
Federer Currently 6600

Nadal Wins Montreal => 6330
Federer Loses at R16 => 6325

But if Federer makes it to QF and loses, his ranking points are => 6375

I still think Federer can keep his rank 1 position for at least the rest of the year. He is a great player and I don't think Nadal will beat him at the Masters Cup in Shang Hai

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Aznmichael92 said:
not neccesarrily, remember federer did not win it last year but merely runner up. So even if he loses in final, he doesnt lose any points.

On ther other hand, Nadal made it to semi finals. The maximum number of ranking points he can gain is, 275 that is if he wins. It is not enough unless, Federer does not make it to the quarter finals at montreal. Which gives Nadal Rank 1 position by roughly 5 points?

If dont trust me, here is calculations.

Nadal Currently 6055
Federer Currently 6600

Nadal Wins Montreal => 6330
Federer Loses at R16 => 6325

But if Federer makes it to QF and loses, his ranking points are => 6375

I still think Federer can keep his rank 1 position for at least the rest of the year. He is a great player and I don't think Nadal will beat him at the Masters Cup in Shang Hai
Dont forget there's still plenty of tournaments for Nadal to make ground,
  • Montreal Masters
  • Cincinnati Masters
  • US Open
  • Madrid Masters
  • Paris Masters
  • Tennis Masters Cup
Plenty of time for Nadal to take #1

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
shaon0 said:
I would disagree. I think Pete Sampras or Andre Agassi at their prime would slaughter Federer or Nadal on any court....excluding clay for Nadal which would be pretty even for each pair respectively.

Thats great.

Agassi wouldnt handle the spin.

EDIT: your so wrong, have you ever seen a tennis match?

Last edited:

Aznmichael92

HSC
Nasonex said:
Dont forget there's still plenty of tournaments for Nadal to make ground,
  • Montreal Masters
  • Cincinnati Masters
  • US Open
  • Madrid Masters
  • Paris Masters
  • Tennis Masters Cup
Plenty of time for Nadal to take #1
There is still many tournaments I agree, but you did say if nadal wins montreal, he will be rank 1. Which you are wrong. The only possible scenario for him to win Montreal and be rank 1 is that Federer does not make it to the quarter finals of the tournament.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah I'm a Nadal fan so woopee! Federer played shit though--he made an unbeliveable number of forced errors! Did anyone have access to the full game? I went off at 2am when the first rain delay came on but it seemed Channel Nine wasn't going to broadcast it further than that anyway.

Though I did manage to watch the last point of the match from YouTube trawling and I gotta say with a netting that's really anticlimatic--I thought it would've been a nice long rally with sharp corners like in the first few games. Pity about the darkness though but I guess the scheduling means there was no option to push it to next day.

I think Federer's time is running out--I mean, he lost to Djokovic last year in Montreal, then he didn't make it to Aus Open final this year, ok French Open you can't say because Nadal is always winning it, and now he loses on well what probably is his favourite game/surface? He's 26 which means you're basically over the hill by then...ok maybe quite an exaggeration but he looks really ready to settle down with his gf and have a family.

Nadal will become #1 in the foreseeable future--whether Federer retires or not--because the gap between him and Djokovic is just too big. And now that the tennis is over, how shall I entertain myself? :(

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
I'm not going to argue with anyone but how the fuck can you say Laver is the best, hes a freaking dwarf who was just better than his opponents thus why ppl say he is good.

Federer beats everyone on grass, and hardcourts and loses one service game in 4.48 mins and everyone says hes over and hes shit.

youre all fuckwits seriously.

you know nothing about tennis and most of you probably never even watched the whole match point for point live.

-Anfernee-

HSC
Hahaha, yeah I bet Federer is just bawling his eyes out in his Million dollar pad because he really cares what a bunch of nobodies and scrubs on an interent forum think of his " washed up career". :rolleyes:

Aznmichael92

HSC
hopefully roger federer will maintain his rank 1 position for at least the rest of this year and then go on to win another grand slam next year :D he is such a great tennis player.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
eyetalian said:
I'm not going to argue with anyone but how the fuck can you say Laver is the best, hes a freaking dwarf who was just better than his opponents thus why ppl say he is good.
rod laver is the best in his era, no dolubt about it. he may be small, but isn't it enough to beat your peers from your own era? it is as if to say dally m wasn't that good because he is a midget and anyone we see today would have belted him - there is no comparison. laver's record stands as the best - 2 calendar year grand slams, and no one has matched him since.
eyetalian said:
Federer beats everyone on grass, and hardcourts and loses one service game in 4.48 mins and everyone says hes over and hes shit.

you know nothing about tennis and most of you probably never even watched the whole match point for point live.
i am going to go ahead and assume you're a massive fed fan. fed did NOT beat everyone on grass. nadal, for one, has just whooped his ass. nor did he beat everyone on hardcourt. safin, back in 2005, cleaned him up at the semi.

fed is a great player who may well have won the cal yr grand slam a few times over if it wasn't for a certain r nadal. but history will suggest he is a lesser player than laver and sampras.

Charizard

HSC
If anyone can say with a straight face that they think Laver was a more talented player then Federer then they should fucking kill themselves.

Last edited:

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
Wuddie I consider you retarded

you think you know everything because you pull these stats out of your arse. the fact of the matter is - and you know youre an idiot - Federer had match points against Safin and was 2 points away from winning Wimbledon

But you, as a representation of the retarded tennis fans out there, think OH YEAH FEDERER WAS OWNED, got flogged and whooped his arse.

you play tennis for 4.48 mins and about the same for Safin v Federer and he is within 2 points in both match, but wait federer is shit and he gets his arse whipped.

get a life

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
and also for all those other morons out there,
if you want to start talking grand slams

Andre Agassi is the best

He is the ONLY man alive to win all four grand slam titles, on 4 different surfaces.

yeah im sure no one actually considered that.

Aznmichael92

HSC
eyetalian said:
and also for all those other morons out there,
if you want to start talking grand slams

Andre Agassi is the best

He is the ONLY man alive to win all four grand slam titles, on 4 different surfaces.

yeah im sure no one actually considered that.
have to agree agassi is a great player. He was able to get back to rank 1 despite being like 30 (cant remember). He has good sportsmanship as well which is why I guess people was really sad to see him leave Wimbledon.

Aznmichael92

HSC
Also if anyone says that Federer sucks as he couldnt win the Australian Open, and Nadal is good. You are just bloody contradicting yourself. Nadal's best performance at Australian Open is only S-Finals where as the US Open its only like Q-Finals? How can you then say that Nadal is good?

Charizard

HSC
He's is not as good as Federer. In any way shape or form.

i feel embarrassed for anyone who suggests otherwise.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
No way !
Federer is still the best!

the second set should have been federer's ZOMG!!!!

Nadal just played really well on the big points. TO break federer's serve.

did anyone actually watch live?!

man the 4th set tie-breaker was breath taking!!! (sweaty hands every where) i screamed at the TV " No no NO NO federer can't lose!! please don't let nadal win"
On the championship points!

when it was the fifth set and was 4-3 and federer had a chance to break nadal i was so into it and "come on break Him break nadal's serve"

i swear i can spend ages ranting on about how federer couldn't get a sixth straight wimbledon title!!

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
eyetalian said:
Wuddie I consider you retarded

you think you know everything because you pull these stats out of your arse. the fact of the matter is - and you know youre an idiot - Federer had match points against Safin and was 2 points away from winning Wimbledon

But you, as a representation of the retarded tennis fans out there, think OH YEAH FEDERER WAS OWNED, got flogged and whooped his arse.

you play tennis for 4.48 mins and about the same for Safin v Federer and he is within 2 points in both match, but wait federer is shit and he gets his arse whipped.

get a life
+1

yeah man federer had match points against Safin back in 2005 Aus open!

how can anyone say federer's era is over!!!??? after sunday nites game, monday morning's game!

Aznmichael92

HSC
dux&src said:
No way !
Federer is still the best!

the second set should have been federer's ZOMG!!!!

Nadal just played really well on the big points. TO break federer's serve.

did anyone actually watch live?!

man the 4th set tie-breaker was breath taking!!! (sweaty hands every where) i screamed at the TV " No no NO NO federer can't lose!! please don't let nadal win"
On the championship points!

when it was the fifth set and was 4-3 and federer had a chance to break nadal i was so into it and "come on break Him break nadal's serve"

i swear i can spend ages ranting on about how federer couldn't get a sixth straight wimbledon title!!
haha thats like me. I was like motherf*** break nadal. Then he didnt break I was like, f*** haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)