Will you still have a chance to get ATAR of 95+ if you school is BAD (1 Viewer)

JJ_Lin

HSC
I think I can't just call the name of my bad school now.(don't know if my teachers are reading or something) but we came the second last of last year UAI result in the state.

I tried to get out of this school, I tired Hurlstone, and failed many times. Don't know about this year, so good luck to me.I am one of those kid good in math, and fails in english all the time.

I heard, last year, my school had highest ever record in HSC result. And the highest UAI was only 92 something, from what I believed. That is NOT something I would want to get. I want at least 95, or maybe around 99.

I heard from my friend and my mum's friend, that if you are in a good school, if you get 90 something, your mark might be 'scale' up according to your school's ability. On the contrary, if you are in some crap marks, you are gonna get crapper.

Is this true? p.s. I want the REAL FACTS. whenever I ask a teacher, they just put all these 'official craps' on me. Saying that my school is really the best in the region...

if you go to selective schools, is it true taht they just do some acceleration program, like year 10 math doing Extension 1 math work? Is this happening? And if you really went to one of the school doing this acceleration thing, will I still capable to do these works?

Thanks! If anyone can tell me some answers. The endless waiting to the result is strangling me:)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
I think I can't just call the name of my bad school now.(don't know if my teachers are reading or something) but we came the second last of last year UAI result in the state.

I tried to get out of this school, I tired Hurlstone, and failed many times. Don't know about this year, so good luck to me.I am one of those kid good in math, and fails in english all the time.

I heard, last year, my school had highest ever record in HSC result. And the highest UAI was only 92 something, from what I believed. That is NOT something I would want to get. I want at least 95, or maybe around 99.

I heard from my friend and my mum's friend, that if you are in a good school, if you get 90 something, your mark might be 'scale' up according to your school's ability. On the contrary, if you are in some crap marks, you are gonna get crapper.

Is this true? p.s. I want the REAL FACTS. whenever I ask a teacher, they just put all these 'official craps' on me. Saying that my school is really the best in the region...

if you go to selective schools, is it true taht they just do some acceleration program, like year 10 math doing Extension 1 math work? Is this happening? And if you really went to one of the school doing this acceleration thing, will I still capable to do these works?

Thanks! If anyone can tell me some answers. The endless waiting to the result is strangling me:)

i agree with ur sig... why are u worrying about the hsc??? its two years away for u!!!

anyway... as long as u come first in every subject u will be fine. because during the year, its ur rank that counts, as this means u will get the top hsc exam mark as ur assessment mark.

but yeah last year my school was ranked 409th out of 900 and something, and the top UAI was 96 point something...

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC

nope, school doesn't affect your ATAR directly. If you're good then you be affected by your school, so don't worry about that.

about acceleration, don't worry about that either. Not that many people get to do that anyway. Only a few selective schools allow this. If you're at the standard then of course you will be capable to accelerate.

absorber

HSC
If you're good enough as to be ranked first in each of your subjects, and come first in your grade in all the hsc exams, you won't be affected to any extent, at least according to my understanding. If you work hard enough and effective enough, however, even if your rank is not first it doesn't mean that you won't do well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)