Will you be booted out of the house if you do not achieve a good UAI? (1 Viewer)

Zephyrio

HSC
I go to Sefton.

I would say that 90-95% of us are Asian. Considering that Lebanese/Middle Easterners are Asian, I would even say that around 98% of us are Asian.

And we are a top-ranked school. In the top fifty. Not THE top-ranked school, but we're doing well for a semi-selective school. It's an alright place.

Specious arguments aside, I would say that being kicked out for not getting 95+ is ridiculous.

rachelurquhart

HSC
my mum has no idea what a UAI is about...
i could get 50 and she would think it was good.

WannaBang?

HSC
rachelurquhart said:
my mum has no idea what a UAI is about...
i could get 50 and she would think it was good.
HAHAHA! That isn't always good though is it? I mean, for me I need someone to push me, to tell me to get off my ass and study. If I don't have someone to do that, I'd probably just bludge (which I still do). :lol:

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
WannaBang? said:
A mate of mine told me that if he doesn't achieve a UAI of 95+, he's parents have promised to kick him out of the house and into the garage! NO BULLSHIT! Anybody else with an experience or threatened experience like this?

Not being racist or stereotypic in any way, but I'm pretty sure the majority of answers will come from Asian students. Don't start spitting at me for making that comment, because I know how Asian parents are. Afterall, my school is literally 95+% Asian.
No, my parents are asian and they're pretty awesome they just want me to do my best :)
If I didn't do so well, then they'd probably be disappointed but they'll get over it I guess. I mean after all, the HSC isn't EVERYTHING people just make it seem like it is.

Last edited:

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
WannaBang? said:
Sefton High. We're also a top ranked school.
I'm not sure if I really agree with Sefton being 'a top ranked school'. I'll agree that they're good in terms of maths but overall, not really. By top ranked, I'm referring to the top 20 schools - you can bitch however you like (as you already have), it's just the way I see it.

Back to the original purpose of this thread, I reckon it's pretty stupid to be booted out of the house if you don't achieve a good UAI. Actually, it sounds pretty bullshit fullstop - despite the the big fat 'NO BULLSHIT!' part. If I am wrong however, don't shoot me, shoot the shit parents.

Last edited:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
My parents would be pretty disappointed but I don't think they'd take such drastic action.

Jess007

HSC
nah they wouldnt kick me out theyd just be disappointed that i didnt try hard enough....disappointment is bad, but getting thrown out is drastic

champo14

HSC
foram said:
nope. i'll be dead before my parents could boot me out.
Yeah man we get it already; you're going to kill yourself.

Jess007

HSC
i dont understand how parents could be so severe on their kids. its the kids life not the parents. i know all parents just want their kids to go well but putting extra unneeded pressure is so stupid. when my parents tell me to study or anything i dont. parents should let the kids motivate themselves.what happens if the kid moves out of home, and gets distracted coz they live with a bunch of their friends, with no rules, they wont make time or the effort to work because they wont have their parents putting the pressure on...

i dont understand :)

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
I am Asian, and I fucking hate Asian Asians because of their ways of life. I do not mind normal Asians.

This is a primary example of their stupidity and capitalism at its worse. I don't know where the hell Asians got the idea of good marks = respect from family members = good life

I had to put up with that shit throughout my schooling life and now I reckon my life is pretty much fucked cos not because I didnt get good marks at school, but because I haven't learn many things in life about life overall because of this kind of behaviour.

and last I saw, the "successful" Asians are the dickheads at the train station in their fucking lame suits showing no matters or courtesy to others. Fuck them. It's Asians like that which make Asians look bad overall. Now because of this, I have to put up with this stupid stereotype where ever I go.

Good work you fucking Asians. I'm not racist of anything I just fucking hate their way of life.

Sorry for the swearing but I get really really annoyed when this topic comes up.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
cbadvanced said:
I am Asian, and I fucking hate Asian Asians because of their ways of life. I do not mind normal Asians.

calm down fool. you should be thankful of where you are now because of them.

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
fernando said:
calm down fool. you should be thankful of where you are now because of them.
Why would I or anyone be thankful for being some negative stereotype?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
cbadvanced said:
Why the hell should it effect YOU if YOU know that it isn't TRUE?

I find that people that get offended at statements is usually because it is true, one way or another.

WannaBang?

HSC
tommykins said:
Why the hell should it effect YOU if YOU know that it isn't TRUE?

I find that people that get offended at statements is usually because it is true, one way or another.
Not necessarily. You knowing something doesn't make other people know it. For example, I know that all black people aren't stupid, but black people will still get angry if someone were to say all balck people are stupid. Right?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
WannaBang? said:
Not necessarily. You knowing something doesn't make other people know it. For example, I know that all black people aren't stupid, but black people will still get angry if someone were to say all balck people are stupid. Right?
Then it's their problem that they get offended by it rather than shrug it off.

WannaBang?

HSC
tommykins said:
Then it's their problem that they get offended by it rather than shrug it off.
Mate, "shrugging something off" is easier said than done.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
cbadvanced said:

because you prob wouldn't have realised your film talents without them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)