will this still get marks? (1 Viewer)

alissa

HSC
i just remembered how i managed to do q13 (b) in yesterday's mx1 exam and now that i think about it it's quite stupid lol
so i blanked out on part (i) but since both part (i) and (ii) are "show that questions" i worked out part (ii) and then i went back to part (i) and wrote "from part (ii)" and got the costheta in essentially one line using the result from part (ii)

will i still get the 2 marks for part (i)?

rated

HSC
I guess there are different ways of doing maths, as long as it's correct then I don't think you'll lose marks.
For my 2u exam in one of the questions with finding point P (part ii) and the gradient of m (part iii), I found point P in terms of m but I managed to find m and could have substituted it into the coordinates of P to eliminate m.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
i just remembered how i managed to do q13 (b) in yesterday's mx1 exam and now that i think about it it's quite stupid lol
so i blanked out on part (i) but since both part (i) and (ii) are "show that questions" i worked out part (ii) and then i went back to part (i) and wrote "from part (ii)" and got the costheta in essentially one line using the result from part (ii)

will i still get the 2 marks for part (i)?
Provided nothing was assumed without justification, then it is unusual to do it like this, but perfectly fine.

You should get full marks for this question =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)