Will they ever ask for more than ONE related text (section 3)? (1 Viewer)

somecooldude

HSC
i have heard "OTHER related texts" and "at least ONE related text"

but can they say "at least TWO related texts" or "TWO related texts"?

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
we have always been told to have two stimulus. "at least ONE" keeps open the possibility to write about two texts, and the statement "other related texts of your own choosing" suggests two rather than one.

the lesson: be prepared. dont think that because it has always suggested one you will be asked for one. have two just incase :)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
bitchgirl said:
i always had marker adding in my exam saying that "you need a third text" someone be specific and tell me what i did wrong?
what was the question? how many did it ask for?

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
MuffinMan said:
umm so paper 1, essay issit?
you never know, they could ask you to write in any form. im hoping it will be either an essay or a speech. i hate writing tanscripts/conversation scripts.

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
i always had marker adding in my exam saying that "you need a third text" someone be specific and tell me what i did wrong?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Ive got 2 I know about so its all good.
And yes, whats stopping them from asking 2?
if they say AT LEAST one, you need 2

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
bitchgirl said:
i have no clue, but i know it was written in almost all my english exams, including AOS and module B text and society etc
i would go back and have a look at the questions. maybe you ignored what the question asked??

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
Born Dancer said:
what was the question? how many did it ask for?

i have no clue, but i know it was written in almost all my english exams, including AOS and module B text and society etc

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Asking for so many extra texts is just stupid because then people would lack in their content. Quality not quantity, if they say AT LEAST ONE then just do one in detail. The HSC wont say "and other related texts of your own choosing" without specifying a number. I'm pretty sure its at least one.

Otherwise, just copy a answer from your section 1 ;)

aurora_05

HSC
I just rang the hsc line and asked about this! She said that for the last 2 years, they've only asked for ONE other piece of related text as for those doing poetry as their prescribed, it becomes difficult to maintain your quality of writing while writing about so many texts in such a short period of time. However she did suggest going into the exam knowing at least 2 related, so that if they ask for 2 you have it, otherwise you can just write about one text depending on its relevance to the question.

Frenglish_Angel

somecooldude said:
i have heard "OTHER related texts" and "at least ONE related text"

but can they say "at least TWO related texts" or "TWO related texts"?
Nahuh, they won't...they only do that in English Ext 1...seriously, that's too much to ask Advanced or Standard students, when they ask three unit for that. Seriously.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Everyone should study the following question, then they'll have nothing to fear:

<insert post-modernist gibberish here>

Answer with reference to your set text, EVERY item in the stimulus booklet, and at least FIVE other related texts of your own choosing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)