Will Sydney follow Melbourne and change the LLB to the JD? (1 Viewer)

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Melbourne University replaced its undergraduate LLB program a couple of years ago to the postgraduate Juris Doctor (JD) program. So to study law at Melbourne University, you would need a bachelor degree and you would have to sit the LSAT exam. What are the chances that Sydney University will do this as well, in the near future? If combined law isn't offered anymore, would this mean that ATARs for courses such as Commerce and Arts would increase drastically?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I think Aerath raised this point before and thought a UMAT-like exam should be implemented which would work quite well (logical/reasoning test). With the plethora of Law degrees handed-out, I think that a transition from an LLB to JD at USYD/UNSW would occur in the foreseeable future.
The ATAR for Arts or Commerce at USYD/UNSW is quite high compared to its UMelb counterpart (88.00 and 94.10 respectively) - despite its JD program. That being said an Arts or Commerce degree is a pretty popular combination with Law, so I'll figure that the ATAR would increase. Would it be a drastic increase? I don't know.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)