• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Will recieving a zero for my trials stuff up my ATAR? (1 Viewer)

milkycarry

HSC
N/A
I got a zero for my legal studies trial , while the other marks for my assessments are all in the top 5 of the class (80-85%). Now my other subject is SLR which is non atar, so legal studies will be counted in determining my atar as one of my top 10 best units. I'm scared that this trial mark will stuff up my atar. My marks are consistently 75-90% for assessments, and am aiming for high 80s for the externals or 90s. I really don't want to repeat a whole year just for a trial mark of 80% or so. So what do you guys think the severity that this will drag my ATAR down ?
:confused2: :confused2:

teridax

HSC
N/A
Do you why you received zero though?

milkycarry

HSC
N/A
Because I had notes written on my arm and the supervisors saw it

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah it would

getting zero probably mean your rank went down hence your assessment mark goes down hence your atar goes down along with it like all my hopes and dreams

teridax

HSC
N/A
Wait, didn't you say on another thread that you blatantly cheated?

Well, if that's true, then I will be blunt/harsh and say that's your own fault to even doing as such. Why would you do such a thing? Anyone who is willing to gamble their HSC away for possibly an extra few marks is pretty retarded. Who would be that desperate to cheat in their HSC? It's an exam mate, if you take it that seriously then just study, it'll most likely get you a better mark anyway. As opposed to not only cheating the examiners, but also yourself. That in a way highlights your lack of moral integrity, to be honest. But, in the end, it's not worth repeating just for a renewed arbitrary mark - there's more to life than exams, really. Just do your best from here and take this experience as a sore reminder you paid the price for being dishonest.

Last edited:
HSC
gg

you're an idiot for walking into an exam with notes on your arm LOL

Do you really think that they wouldn't notice?

Your rank will go down heavily

astroman

HSC
gg

you're an idiot for walking into an exam with notes on your arm LOL

Do you really think that they wouldn't notice?

Your rank will go down heavily
that's a bit harsh, OP prepare before hand and don't panic and have to resort to cheating. Do the best you can.

Flop21

HSC
Give me your assessment mark for each assessment in legal studies + its weighting + your rank for each one. I'll work it out.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
you were already in the top 5 was cheating really worth it

if you did that in uni you could possibly be expelled from doing your degree and no one would employ you

don't' do it

HSC
that's a bit harsh, OP prepare before hand and don't panic and have to resort to cheating. Do the best you can.
Not even harsh - Everyone is competing for the top rank, and it's sad when some c**t has to cheat and improve their ranks

OP you deserve the 0.

And as Queenroot said, do this at UNI and you can be potentially expelled.

Cheating/plagiarism is a very serious matter

Kaido

be.
HSC
Dont be disheartened OP, while ofc it will affect your atar, your ranks should not drastically change (as there are probably a bunch of yolo peeps in ur class)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)