Will my subjects be the death of me? (1 Viewer)

six demon bag

HSC
I've heard that different subjects can scale you up or down but I have no idea what subjects do that or how much of an effect it actually has?

I'm doing 4unit english, drama, community and family studies and general maths. Would I be scaled up or down for those?

Also, can anyone give a general outline of which subjects give you better or worse marks?
sorry if i'm not making much sense.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I'll be honest that I don't know much about scaling myself, but I'm quite sure extension 2 english and drama scale very well. General mathematics scales poorly though and I don't know anything about the scaling of community and family studies.

As long as you do well in all your subjects I wouldn't be worried about scaling. The greatest impact it has is if you're about average, because that's when scaling most drastically affects you.

All extension subjects tend to scale well, economics scales reasonably well, same with languages and drama.

I'm not entirely sure, but that's my understanding of it.

Hope I've helped.:hat:

six demon bag

HSC
Mahalo. Now I've just got to get about average in shitty maths which has shitty scaling and i get shitty marks in anyway. same with shitty cafs haha. complain complain complain.

Thank you very much though - that was helpful :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
4unit english, drama, community and family studies and general maths.

Good, bad, bad, bad.

Using the UMAX calculator - to get a scaled mark of 40/50, you would need:

CAFS - 96.9%
General Maths - 95.8%
Drama - 91.6%
English Advanced - 84.1%
English Ext. 1 - 72.2%
English Ext. 2 - 68.3%

To be perfectly honest with you, your subjects scale... horribly except with English extensions.

Maths (especially Maths Ext. 2) and sciences are your best bet. Along with things like Economics.

six demon bag

HSC
but umax says if i got an 80 in everything (except drama, cos im pretty sure I'll get around 90) id still get a atar of 80.80. that's not bad right? aw haha.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Depends - if you want to get into something like Law... 80 is not good enough. So it really depends what you want to get into. This is where research comes in.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well six demon, that should do fine. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)