will i get into early entry? (1 Viewer)

lxrnahj

HSC
hi what do you reckon the chances are for early entry for me ? my grades in year 11 were pretty bad but i do have some extra curriculars and work experience i can put on and i also go to a selective school ranked in the top 10?

Attachments

lxrnahj

HSC
is there a specific course/uni ur looking at
hopefully either usyd or unsw . and maybe some sort of engineering or pharmacy lol ik with my yr 11 chem its shocking but i wasn't taking my grades super serious back then which i now realise i shouldve smh

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
hopefully either usyd or unsw . and maybe some sort of engineering or pharmacy lol ik with my yr 11 chem its shocking but i wasn't taking my grades super serious back then which i now realise i shouldve smh
usyd doesnt do early entry but u might be able to get from unsw, do u live in a low-socioeconomic area?

jonolad69

HSC
maybe do a little bit of research buddy

liamkk112

HSC
unsw doesn't offer early entry if u don't live in a low socioeconomic area, basically
they have changed it so portfolio entry is open for everyone, but this only applies to engineering and design degrees, so unless if u have a portfolio of works u likely won't get an early entry

lxrnahj

HSC
unsw doesn't offer early entry if u don't live in a low socioeconomic area, basically
they have changed it so portfolio entry is open for everyone, but this only applies to engineering and design degrees, so unless if u have a portfolio of works u likely won't get an early entry
sorry what do u mean portfolio of works?

liamkk112

HSC
sorry what do u mean portfolio of works?
like u have projects that u did in your own time, eg if u were applying for a design degree, you have a bunch of things you've already designed in your own time

lxrnahj

HSC
like u have projects that u did in your own time, eg if u were applying for a design degree, you have a bunch of things you've already designed in your own time
ohh okay and what does that look like for engineering early entry ??

liamkk112

HSC
ohh okay and what does that look like for engineering early entry ??
depends but like if u participated in school stuff like robotics club and made your own original robot that could be something
or for software engineering, you have a couple of programming things you made, could be as simple as a website or something that makes sense of a large dataset

lxrnahj

HSC
depends but like if u participated in school stuff like robotics club and made your own original robot that could be something
or for software engineering, you have a couple of programming things you made, could be as simple as a website or something that makes sense of a large dataset
okayy thank you rn my predicated atar is around 93 ish and imma try to get it up after trials too if i dont get in through early entry would i be fine for normal entry ??

liamkk112

HSC
okayy thank you rn my predicated atar is around 93 ish and imma try to get it up after trials too if i dont get in through early entry would i be fine for normal entry ??
uh yes definetly lmaoooo, 93 is good for engineering

liamkk112

HSC
howd u get so high in ext 1 maths tho lol do u have any tips or past papers or anything
do textbook work to know the basics well, and make sure u understand all the concepts well, from there just spam thsc and do all the new syllabus papers
half of the subject is "memorising" the ez questions, once u can comfortably do questions 1-8 and questions 11-12 then just do as many of the harder questions as possible to max ur chances of getting high marks in questions 13-14

lxrnahj

HSC
do textbook work to know the basics well, and make sure u understand all the concepts well, from there just spam thsc and do all the new syllabus papers
half of the subject is "memorising" the ez questions, once u can comfortably do questions 1-8 and questions 11-12 then just do as many of the harder questions as possible to max ur chances of getting high marks in questions 13-14
okayy thank you !! i seem to be doing okay in the textbook work but rn im getting a B and i really wanna raise that to an A for my next task before the trials. its probably because im not doing enough exam papers thank you !!!! i've heard a lot of people say though even if you dont do so well in internals you still have a chance of getting a good atar if u do well in trials and hsc ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)