Will I get 99+? It's really important... (1 Viewer)

huck fenn

I'm applying for PhB in ANU, and i need 99+ to be considered for selection. So that i get selected, i need high 99s.. i would assume.

Although, i do the philo DC (hey laz, i was the guy who was asking for your humanity/natuyre essay. i took some bits, but i followed a very different path to you. existential consequentialism and a self that requires faith in its own self-importance. but that's another line of thought. thanks for your help!)

So, ANYWAYS,

School: North Sydney Boys

Trial Marks: --- Overall Ranks:
English Adv 96/100 Rank =1st
English Ext1 42/50 Rank =7th
English Ext2 50/50 Rank =1st
Maths (2U) 84/100 Rank 24th
Physics 88/100 Rank =1st
Drama 98/100 Rank 1st

Philo DC (Laz????)

So, i guess discounting the Philo DC part- , cause i have no idea what my mark is so far, despite feeling fairly confident about it (i know i'm on 87.25% after 15% of the course..., and that's regardless of scaling) -what do people think i will get. Will i get 99+?

My current studying... i think i may get = or lower in Adv, because i havn't studied much, slightly higher in ext 1, physics and maths, i think i will get 48-50 in ext 2, and i think i will get 94-98 for drama.

If laz is feeling nice, he can inform me of how i'm going in Philosophy. Although, i still have no idea about my recent essay!?!?!?

So.... Status? do i freak out yet?

Last edited:

huck fenn

Um. They're pretty good. But keep in mind, they could've been 3rds, been much less impressive visually, and still mean almost the same thing in terms of UAI

.... someone? willing to give it burl. come on... itll be fun!

is a roflcopter
HSC
i dont think 3rds in your school would dampen the "visuals"

jeez theres lots of possible 100s this year on Bored aye

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
huck, give me your student number, and I'll use your philo rank to estimate your final mark.

huck fenn

LAZ:

my student # is: 13746974

thanks for your help here. you seem to exist all over the internet at once... or atleast HSC related boards...

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
huck fenn...
nows theres 3 contenders on bos for uai 100

1. pigs
2. sique
3. u

in that order of possibility i think...
if u did 4u maths... ur ranks would be fuk-me-dead gorgeous... but since u dont they're only knock-me-dead gorgeous

Jeo

yeah... what do you mean 99+? You are looking at 100. If not, 99.8+ for sure.

huck fenn

eep. don't say that! i get complacent. Do you realise i have studied not once this holidays!?!?!!

so, ok. say i get the following marks

Eng Adv 93
Ext 1 44
ext 2 48
Maths 86
Physics 90
Drama 95

?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by huck fenn
my student # is: 13746974
thanks for your help here. you seem to exist all over the internet at once... or atleast HSC related boards...
Based on your rank, and statistics from the past couple of years, you'll end up with a Board philosophy mark of around 90 or 91. This will most likely be equivalent to a scaled mark of ~89.

Anyone else providing predictions should include that figure in their calculations.

I'd be very surprised if maths counted. I'm inclined to think mid to high 99s. How high? It's anyone's guess.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
Originally posted by rukawasan

if u did 4u maths... ur ranks would be fuk-me-dead gorgeous... but since u dont they're only knock-me-dead gorgeous

given his 2u rank...i wouldnt say his 4u rank would look that good.

mmmmmm

Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-
given his 2u rank...i wouldnt say his 4u rank would look that good.
What an unnecessary bitchy comment.

Imagine how many 3 unit people he is beating.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
Originally posted by rukawasan
huck fenn...
nows theres 3 contenders on bos for uai 100

1. pigs
2. sique
3. u

in that order of possibility i think...
lol, i think u should add urself as well as walla to ur list
and i really don't think i should be no1. on it either.

to huck fenn: ur english and phys are fantastic! if ur philo counts, which i'm assuming it should, cos only smart ppl to distinction courses, either ur maths or drama will have to count. maths is not so good, esp cos its only 2u, and i don't know wot scaling for drama is, but since ur first, even if scaling is crap, it should still be up there. i don't think you have to worry bout 99+ at all really. as long as ur average HSC mark for 10 units is slightly above 90, i don't think u'll have any problems. plus u go to a selective school, and im guessing u guys get at least 25-35 guys 99+ a year. u'd definitely be ranked top 5 in ur grade. i think u should just relax, stressing now could do a lot more harm than good.

neway, that's my two cents. hope it helps :)

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
pigs... that did not help at all... it was a load of crap... utter bullshit... the biggest heap of dung ive ever heard...
lol... just kidding...

yeh... all rite...
add walla to the list...
so the list goes...

1. pigs
2. sique
3. huck fenn
4. walla
but walla can get up there since his non-selective school wont drag him down cos hes like 1st in evyerthing.... so depends on how well he dos...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
Based on your rank, and statistics from the past couple of years, you'll end up with a Board philosophy mark of around 90 or 91. This will most likely be equivalent to a scaled mark of ~89.
I should add that this was based on your first three modules plus your exam mark (which you should now be able to access on the DCW).

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
Well done Huck, that's a good mark. Can you get your exam mark? Mine still says received but not marked.

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
yeh... looks like a collusion of the powerhouses
walla+huck fenn

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
the two posters above me, and myself, are fucking complacent... GET OFFLINE!!! >.< BoS is ruining our HSC (soz laz)!...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)