Will I be very far behind? (1 Viewer)

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
I have moved from rural Victoria and will be starting Year 11 in Sydney this year. The standards were very low at my last school and we had no advanced Maths or English classes. We didn't cover every topic in the subjects as only a handful of students in my class were actually capable of understanding them and we were held back by the majority who didn't even put any effort in. I'm worried that I'll be behind in my subjects. Is this very likely or is it like Victorian VCE where no previous study in the topic is necessary?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Undertoad

HSC
You should be fine. Just if you don't understand anything then ask the teacher or one of your friends that knows, then it wont hold you back

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I can't say it won't make a difference, but if you're willing to put in the effort to catch up on anything you've missed that might be useful during these couple of years, then you'll be okay.

There have been people who were complete bludgers until the beginning of year 12, and ended up doing exceptionally well in their HSC.

P

pLuvia

My friend came from VIC and he didn't have much trouble coping, hope it works out for you

Riviet

HSC
N/A
If you feel that your mates are affecting the pace of the class, you may need to do some reading yourself. Maybe try working ahead in your textbook, ask your teacher questions outside of class time or when you have a chance if you don't understand anything, talk to your teacher about it too.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
If you're willing to put in the effort over the next 2 years, then there would be nothing stopping you from getting the marks that you want. I don't see any disadvantage if you're willing to work hard. Good luck over the next 2 years.

Snarkie

HSC
I think year 11 is a fresh start for everyone. Not much from year 10 carries over. So like everyone else said, just put in a little extra effort and talk to teachers and friends if there does happen to be something you missed out on. Good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)