HSC
I am currently in yr 11 and I have 12 units, my subjects are:
Maths adv
English adv
Bio
Chem
Food tech
SOR 2

I do not know what course I want to do, so I would like a high atar to keep my options open.

Will food tech ruin my ATAR because of scaling? I am reading lots of stuff about scaling and its making me so stressed. The thing is I want 12 units as a backup. Should I consider dropping food tech next year?

carrotsss

HSC
nah just put in lots of effort (the same as you would for a hard subject) and make sure u do really really well in it and it’ll offset the scaling

Lara34

HSC
also if I rank first and the rest of the cohort does poorly will this impact me?

nitto

HSC
I am currently in yr 11 and I have 12 units, my subjects are:
Maths adv
English adv
Bio
Chem
Food tech
SOR 2

I do not know what course I want to do, so I would like a high atar to keep my options open.

Will food tech ruin my ATAR because of scaling? I am reading lots of stuff about scaling and its making me so stressed. The thing is I want 12 units as a backup. Should I consider dropping food tech next year?
nope, you can get high ATAR with any combination, you just have to be ready to put in a lot of work! regardless of whether or not a subject scales well, it just means that you would have to try a little bit harder. also, based on the list of subjects you gave us, it seems like food tech might be a good 'relaxing subject', which my friends also do. if its something you enjoy keep at it :)

Lara34

HSC
nope, you can get high ATAR with any combination, you just have to be ready to put in a lot of work! regardless of whether or not a subject scales well, it just means that you would have to try a little bit harder. also, based on the list of subjects you gave us, it seems like food tech might be a good 'relaxing subject', which my friends also do. if its something you enjoy keep at it :)
thank you for the advice! yeah it is a pretty relaxed subject

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)