Will Christianity 'die out within a century' across Europe and Australasia ?? (1 Viewer)

Will Christianity 'die out within a century' across Europe and Australasia ??

• YES

Votes: 30 29.4%
  • NO

Votes: 72 70.6%

• Total voters

КГБ

Banned
HSC
i cant speak for arab/gulf states because ive never been their. however for Pakistan i don't thing that's true. people don't pray five times a day and society isnt really religious. from my observation, Islams that have migrated to the west are more religious....probably because the liberal society surrounding them forces/changes them to move further right.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
i cant speak for arab/gulf states because ive never been their. however for Pakistan i don't thing that's true. people don't pray five times a day and society isnt really religious. from my observation, Islams that have migrated to the west are more religious....probably because the liberal society surrounding them forces/changes them to move further right.
Islam = easy way to self identify in a foreign land.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
so long as people think about human nature, there will be religion.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
so long as people think about human nature, there will be religion.
Nah. There'll be spirituality and mysticism for sure, but religion will slowly fade out. Reason and logic demands that the various contradictions and illogical stances of most modern religions will be eventually refuted by the public, to usher in a new Golden Age of Reason. Theism may still exist, but only until all the answers for the physical universe are found, which is still some way away.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Well Pakistan is one of the few majority Muslim countries attempting to install a democratic system, although it's failing miserably. But even if religion doesn't openly play a part in the country, it's still sitting there just under the surface, creating all sorts of illogical premises and ridiculous stances of public opinion, which the politicians have to go along with.
Look at America. Democratic? Only to a point. Religious extremists are calling for a revision on Roe vs Wade. Abortion clinics are set fire to and doctors killed over their pro-choice stances. Stem cell research is being blocked by reference to passages out of the Bible. Politicians invoke the name of God for their heartfelt causes. Government family-planning funding is a controversial issue. Kids are taught creationism alongside evolution and that abstinence is the one and only way. Presidents and politicians can't elected unless they attend church at least once a week, and even then many are accused of being "godless". They are even sworn in on the Bible. And all this from the most powerful country in the world.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Let's hope Islam manages moderate itself in the future. There's potential for that. Especially in places like Trukey, Indonesia and India, which all contain the majority of the world's Muslim population, from memory, and are reasonably moderate and secular.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Let's hope Islam manages moderate itself in the future. There's potential for that. Especially in places like Trukey, Indonesia and India, which all contain the majority of the world's Muslim population, from memory, and are reasonably moderate and secular.
Only reason India's Muslims are moderate is cos they're a political minority in a country dominated by Hindus and they fear reprisals if they doing anything undemocratic.
Most estimates place the modern Islamic world as approximately equal to 16th century Christianity. Let's hope that they don't actually take five centuries to catch up ideologically.

xerox288

HSC
Voted no: Christianity will probably not die out, but decline.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Only reason India's Muslims are moderate is cos they're a political minority in a country dominated by Hindus and they fear reprisals if they doing anything undemocratic.
Most estimates place the modern Islamic world as approximately equal to 16th century Christianity. Let's hope that they don't actually take five centuries to catch up ideologically.
it's a numbers game, the higher the %, the more they drop the peace act and start blowing shit up ;)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
it's a numbers game, the higher the %, the more they drop the peace act and start blowing shit up ;)
Turkey's over 95% Muslim and it's still reasonably peaceful.
Kazhakstan is 47% Muslim, Uzbekistan is about 65% (no accurate figures exist) and Kyrgyzstan is 75%. Yet all of them are still fucked up.

Edu.kid

HSC

HA HA HA Aha ha ahah hahah ha h. You got to be joking right? If anything Pakistan is as equally religious if not for its secular government. Gulf states governments are not secular but the people are less religious than Pakistanis i can guarantee it.

КГБ

Banned
HSC
HA HA HA Aha ha ahah hahah ha h. You got to be joking right? If anything Pakistan is as equally religious if not for its secular government. Gulf states governments are not secular but the people are less religious than Pakistanis i can guarantee it.
so wait, you have been to Pakistan and the gulf states for you make such a claim?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I beg to differ. It was in the Gulf states that there was public backlash against an attempt to allow women to drive. It was in the Gulf states where bin Ladin was born. It was in the Gulf states that his extremist Islamist belief system of Salafiism was created. It was from the Gulf states that the vast majority of the 9/11 attackers were sourced. It was from the Gulf states that most of the mujahedeen in Afghanistan were born. Hell, it was from the Gulf states that Islam itself was born.

КГБ

Banned
HSC
I've been wondering recently exactly what the Arabs have given pakistan post-Islamic awakening (zia ul haq) other than radicalised youth and bombs in market places. pakis get too emotional about the whole Muslim brotherhood thing. Whilst they treat our people lower than animals, pakis venerate them as demi Gods.

Time to end Arab Imperialism in Pakistan.

Fuck the gulf arabs states.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
Reason and logic demands that the various contradictions and illogical stances of most modern religions will be eventually refuted by the public, to usher in a new Golden Age of Reason.
People have been saying that for the last 150 years (or perhaps more), but religion is still going strong.

i agree with you that there are significant contradictions between different religions, so they can't all be right. But don't then make the assumption that this means none are.

what if one particular religion is right? the claims of each religion should be examined individually as they are so different

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
People have been saying that for the last 150 years (or perhaps more), but religion is still going strong.
But nowhere near as strong as in the past. It is weakening.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
But nowhere near as strong as in the past. It is weakening.
So? It is an institution not of this world. Popular cycles of support mean nothing to divine truth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)