• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

will 2u count if 4u isnt in the best 10units of urs in HSC?? (1 Viewer)

bubucar

HSC
In HSC, if u're doing 12units included 4u maths, will 2unit maths still count if 4unit maths isnt in ur best 10units ???? :confused:

bubucar

HSC
i know people doing 4u dont need to sit for 2u test in HSC
but what if you stuffed up 4u in HSC?
or what if you got <50 in 4u??

>~<

anyone? have any idea??

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
You'll get scaled well, even with a mark of 50 or less.

So many people I know, recieved marks of 30, 40 etc in 4unit and ended up with uais of 90+

I b jealous. :eek:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
If you sit the extension 2 paper and get a HSC mark for it, then the 2 unit mark will automatically be discounted from any future calculations regarding your UAI. In other works, your 2 unit mark will become irrelevant once you have done the extension 2 Maths HSC paper.

ibewatto

HSC
the UAI is calculated on ur BEST scaling and thus ranking units, so if u think u fuck up 2 unit, but ace 4 unit, ur 2 unit scaling might still be better than another subject due to poor marks state wide, thus higher scaling. u cant say wat will be counted in ur UAI coz its not just ur marks its ranking

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
ibewatto said:
the UAI is calculated on ur BEST scaling and thus ranking units, so if u think u fuck up 2 unit, but ace 4 unit, ur 2 unit scaling might still be better than another subject due to poor marks state wide, thus higher scaling. u cant say wat will be counted in ur UAI coz its not just ur marks its ranking
Read the post above yours.

bubucar

HSC
what if i do all my subjects (12 units) in HSC but screw up 4u?
[[ my subjects: english, 4u maths, bio, chem and visual art ]]
which subjects will be counted?
is that possible that english+3u maths+bio+chem+visual art be counted???

and is that possible to sit for 2u HSC paper still even if you're doing 4u??

ibewatto

HSC
S1M0 said:
Read the post above yours.
maaaate, apologies but cbf reading every1s thoughts, ill offer my 2cents and leave i dont have time to read every single thought. sorry non the less

bubucar

HSC
=______=
that's ok dude~

thanks for your reply by the way ^^

SoulSearcher

HSC
bubucar said:
what if i do all my subjects (12 units) in HSC but screw up 4u?
[[ my subjects: english, 4u maths, bio, chem and visual art ]]
which subjects will be counted?
is that possible that english+3u maths+bio+chem+visual art be counted???

and is that possible to sit for 2u HSC paper still even if you're doing 4u??
If you screw up extension 2 maths, and extension 2 maths only, then all of your units other than extension 2 maths will count, that is both units of extension 1 maths will count in the place of the 2 units of extension 2 maths.

In reponse to the second question, if you drop extension 2 maths before the HSC exam and have notified the Board of Studies and your school with that intention, then it is possible for you to do the 2 unit paper. But if you keep extension 2 maths at the time of the HSCexam, then you cannot sit for extension 2 maths.

bubucar

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
If you screw up extension 2 maths, and extension 2 maths only, then all of your units other than extension 2 maths will count, that is both units of extension 1 maths will count in the place of the 2 units of extension 2 maths.

In reponse to the second question, if you drop extension 2 maths before the HSC exam and have notified the Board of Studies and your school with that intention, then it is possible for you to do the 2 unit paper. But if you keep extension 2 maths at the time of the HSCexam, then you cannot sit for extension 2 maths.
do you mean if i keep extension 2 maths until HSC then i cannot sit for 2 unit maths??

bubucar

HSC
that's fine ^^

SoulSearcher said:
both units of extension 1 maths will count in the place of the 2 units of extension 2 maths.
what do u mean ??
sorry for my poor english level >,<

SoulSearcher

HSC
Hehe, that's alright :)

When you do extension 2 maths (i.e. 4 units of maths), extension 1 mathematics makes up two of those 4 units, while the other 2 is made up of extension 2 mathematics, for a total of 4 units. That's pretty much the gist of it.

aalex

HSC
N/A
bubucar said:
do you mean if i keep extension 2 maths until HSC then i cannot sit for 2 unit maths??
That's right, you cannot sit both exams as they are always held in the same day at the same time, which means you can choose either 2 unit or extension 2.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
If you sit the extension 2 paper and get a HSC mark for it, then the 2 unit mark will automatically be discounted from any future calculations regarding your UAI. In other works, your 2 unit mark will become irrelevant once you have done the extension 2 Maths HSC paper.
Hey, I know you. ;)

kevinant

HSC
From my knowledge you don't sit for 2 unit maths exam if you doing 4 unit maths.....
although it is still possible to sit both 2 unit maths and 4 unit maths exams by accelerating 2 unit maths in year 11... However, from what I know, the result of 2u maths completed in year 11 will go to the rubbish bin and don't count toward anything at all if you do 4U maths.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Normally, no-one has do to any 2u tests once he chooses 4u. he doesn't have to sit the 2u HSC even! Now 3u counts as 2 units=100 and 4u counts as 2 units=100 marks. That's why 2u is not counted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)