• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Wilkins Ice Shelf Disintegrating (1 Viewer)

boris

Banned
HSC
youBROKEmyLIFE said:
global warming being the theory that we're at the begining of a continuing warming trend... well a priori i'd say you're denying it if you think we're at the end of a warming period.
But I didn't say I thought we were at the end of a warming period. YOU said I believed it was ending. I said so what if I did believe the warming period was ending. how long does a period of warming have to go for before it can safely be said it is ending.
2 years? 30 years?

The question I was asking was even if i believed global warming was slowing down, how does this equate to me thinking it never happened at all? Wouldn't me saying the global warming period is ending be the same as admitting it happened?

Either way I didn't say I believed it was ending. I pointed out the decrease in temperature as a ? in response to the idea that humans are responsible for global warming. If humans were the main cause and if greenhouse gas emissions are directly responsible, why was 2007 cold? Does this mean greenhouse gas emissions were cut drastically, or is it safe to say human interference can't be as attributed to as the hippies would have us believe?

HSC
even if i believed global warming was slowing down, how does this equate to me thinking it never happened at all?
Fair enough maybe you have a different concept of what I mean when I say Global warming, to me you believe in 'Global Warming' if you believe in the theory that the earths temperature is set to get warmer over the next century or so... That's the commonly held definition I'd say.

why was 2007 cold?
Second hottest temperature since records began *shrug*

Does this mean greenhouse gas emissions were cut drastically, or is it safe to say human interference can't be as attributed to as the hippies would have us believe?
There is not a linear correlation between greenhouse gas emissions and rising temperatures - nor are they instantaneously correlated, there is a lag time.

boris

Banned
HSC
youBROKEmyLIFE said:
Fair enough maybe you have a different concept of what I mean when I say Global warming, to me you believe in 'Global Warming' if you believe in the theory that the earths temperature is set to get warmer over the next century or so... That's the commonly held definition I'd say.

Second hottest temperature since records began *shrug*

There is not a linear correlation between greenhouse gas emissions and rising temperatures - nor are they instantaneously correlated, there is a lag time.
*shrugs*
Scientists quoted in a past DailyTech article link the cooling to reduced solar activity which they claim is a much larger driver of climate change than man-made greenhouse gases. The dramatic cooling seen in just 12 months time seems to bear that out.
http://wattsupwiththat.wordpress.co...es-say-globally-cooler-in-the-past-12-months/

I dunno mang. Either way I support sustainability. Not so much these 'omg Earth Hour' things where the average clown thinks turning their lights off for an hour is going to stop the destruction of the earth by 12685 years.

I'm going to pack and have lunch. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)